Provided by Piotr Machnikowski
Prof. Piotr Machnikowski is of counsel in the Litigation and Arbitration practice group at Dentons in Poland.
With civil and business law as his areas of focus, he advises clients on complex litigation matters. He has extensive experience as an arbitrator in both permanent courts and ad hoc arbitrations. He has chaired arbitral tribunals and participated in the resolution of numerous international and domestic disputes.
Piotr is also the head of the Department of Civil Law and Private International Law at the Faculty of Law, Administration and Economics at the University of Wrocław.
He authored more than a hundred publications on Polish, European and comparative private law. His expertise is highly regarded and he is known for his prominent commentary to the Polish civil code, monographs on the law of obligations, as well as many other books and articles. Additionally, Piotr has served as a member of the Civil Law Codification Committee of the Republic of Poland, contributing to legislative work in his field.
• With Dentons since 2016
• Professor, Head of the Department of Civil Law and Private International Law, Faculty of Law, Administration and Economics, University of Wroclaw
• Arbitrator, Court of Arbitration at the Polish Chamber of Commerce (SAKIG), since 2011
• Arbitrator, Lewiatan Arbitration Court, since 2011
• Member of the Civil Law Codification Committee, Ministry of Justice, 2013-2015
• European Centre of Tort and Insurance Law
• European Law Institute
• International Academy of Comparative Law
• Society of European Contract Law (SECOLA)
• International Bar Association
• Admitted to the Polish Bar (2004)
Discover other Lawyers at
Central & Eastern Europe
Provided by Dentons
Property, Construction and Infrastructure
Energy and Utilities
Technology, Media and Telecoms (TMT)