Provided by Gonzalo Secco
Based in Montevideo, Gonzalo Secco is the practice group leader of Ferrere’s energy and infrastructure group. His practice focuses on the representation of developers, operators, infrastructure and energy funds, PE firms, institutional investors and financial institutions in a wide range of power, renewable energy, oil and gas, vial, railway, social and other infrastructure-related projects. He has particular expertise in project finance and M&A transactions involving energy and infrastructure projects.
University of the Republic of Uruguay, JD, 1996; 40th edition of The Academy of American and International Law at Southwestern Institute for International and Comparative Law, Dallas, Texas, 2003.
Professor of Business Law, ORT University, 1998-2000.
International Bar Association; Uruguay Renewable Energies Association; Uruguayan Bar Association
- Fundamental Principles in PPPs in Latin America and the Caribbean Region, IDB Group
- Foreign Investment in South America: A Comprehensive Guide to Infrastructure and the Legal Environment, ABA Business Law Section
- Global Public-Private Partnership (PPP) Guide, Cakmak Publishing
- Global Renewable Energy Guide, Cakmak Publishing
- Procuring Infrastructure PPPs, World Bank Group
Pre-eminent partner Gonzalo Secco offers over two decades' experience advising clients on a wide range of energy and infrastructure matters. He is routinely sought out to advise multinationals on the development of energy and infrastructure projects, sector-related M&A transactions and project finance mandates. An impressed client reports: "He has an excellent availability and knowledge," while also stating: "He always provides you with the right advice." Gonzalo Secco is head of Ferrere Abogados' projects and energy practice.