Clyde & Co LLP
Senior Partner: Carolena Gordon
Number of partners: 440
Number of lawyers: 1,800
Number of professionals: 2,500
Total staff: 4,000
Clyde & Co is a leading global law firm, specialising in the sectors that underpin global trade and commercial activity, namely: insurance, transport, infrastructure, energy, and trade and commodities. It is globally integrated, offering a comprehensive range of contentious and non-contentious legal services and commercially-minded legal advice to businesses operating across the world. Clyde & Co is committed to operating in a responsible way. This means progressing towards a diverse and inclusive workforce that reflects the diversity of its communities and clients, using its legal skills to support its communities through pro bono work, volunteering and charitable partnerships, and minimising the impact it has on the environment. Its strategic aim is to be the best and most complete provider of legal services to businesses engaged in these core sectors.
Sectors: The firm hires the best people in its chosen core sectors — genuine specialists. This combination of sector expertise and legal excellence allows the firm to provide the most innovative and commercial solutions to clients. The firm’s long history of working with the world’s insurance markets means Clyde & Co advises on all facets of its key sectors. As patterns of global trade have shifted, the firm has actively invested in its international network to meet the evolving needs of its clients, and has always been an early mover into key hubs of international commerce, as demonstrated by its offices and associate offices. Mirroring clients’ growth and evolution, the firm views the world from the clients’ perspective, fully aware of their ambitions and mindful of the commercial realities of their markets.
Principle Areas of Work: Alongside the firm’s key sectors of Aviation, Energy Marine & Natural Resources, Insurance and Construction, Clyde & Co’s reputation in disputes, and particularly international cross border disputes, is outstanding.
The firm has the largest dispute resolution practice of any UK law firm and, with its significant global reach, has become a specialist in international arbitration in both developed and emerging markets. The firm has doubled in size twice in the past decade, with over half of its revenue coming from offices outside the UK, and significant growth in the APAC region. Clyde & Co specialises in assisting businesses enter, operate and grow in emerging markets, helping them access funding and transact in the world’s capital markets. The firm has one of the largest dedicated global corporate practices based in London, Dubai, Hong Kong and Shanghai. The commercial team has a particular focus on IP, franchising, technology and outsourcing. Clyde & Co also has one of the largest employment practices of any City law firm, and dedicated employment expertise across its entire international network.
- One of the top ten largest firms in the City of London and top 60 globally
- Over 4,000 staff in over 50 offices and associated offices worldwide
- Number of partners: 440
- Number of fee-earners: 1,800 lawyers, 2,500 legal professionals
- Market Leader in MENA and other Emerging Markets
- Doubled in size twice over the last ten years
- The largest dispute resolution practice of any UK law firm
- Unrivalled in-depth sector focus and expertise across both contentious and transactional disciplines in its core and related sectors
- The highest concentration of leading practitioners of any insurance law firm
- One of the largest employment and pensions practices of any City law firm
International Offices: Over 50 offices and associated offices on six continents
Auckland*, Beijing, Brisbane, Chongqing, Hong Kong, Kuala Lumpur*, Melbourne, New Delhi*,
Perth, Shanghai, Singapore, Sydney, Ulaanbaatar*
UK & Europe:
Aberdeen, Bristol, Dublin, Dusseldorf, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Guildford, Hamburg, Leeds, London, Madrid, Manchester, Munich, Nantes, Newcastle, Paris
Atlanta, Caracas, Chicago, Denver, Kansas City, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Mexico City, Miami, Montreal, New Jersey, New
York, Orange County, Phoenix, San Francisco, Santiago*, São Paulo, Toronto, Vancouver, Washington DC
Africa and the Middle East:
Abu Dhabi, Cape Town, Dar es Salaam, Doha, Dubai, Johannesburg, Nairobi*, Riyadh
Provided by Clyde & Co LLP
- AberdeenThe Capitol, Orega Suite 101 431 Union Street , Aberdeen, Aberdeen City, UK, AB11 6DAView ranked officeBelfast51 Adelaide Street , Belfast, County Antrim, UK, BT2 8FEView ranked officeBirmingham63 Temple Row, Birmingham, West Midlands, UK, B2 5LSView ranked officeBristolThe Distillery 2 Avon Street , Bristol, Bristol, UK, BS2 0GRView ranked officeBristol4th Floor, St Thomas Court, Thomas Lane, Bristol, Bristol, UK, BS1 6JGView ranked officeCardiff21-22 Neptune Court, Vanguard Way, Cardiff, South Glamorgan, UK, CF24 5PJView ranked officeEdinburghAlbany House, 58 Albany Street, Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh, UK, EH1 3QRView ranked officeGlasgow144 West George Street, Glasgow, Glasgow City, UK, G2 2HGView ranked officeGlasgow4th Floor, 1 George Square, Glasgow, Glasgow City, UK, G2 1DYView ranked officeGuildford3 London Square, Cross Lanes , Guildford, Surrey, UK, GU1 1UJView ranked officeLeeds2 Wellington Place 5th Floor , Leeds, West Yorkshire, UK, LS1 4APView ranked officeLiverpoolCastle Chambers, 43 Castle Street, Liverpool, Merseyside, UK, L2 9SUView ranked officeLondonSt Botolph Building, 138 Houndsditch, London, Greater London, UK, EC3A 7ARView ranked officeLondon30 Fenchurch Street, London, Greater London, UK, EC3M 3BLView ranked officeManchester2 New Bailey Square , Manchester, Lancashire, UK, M3 5GSView ranked officeNewcastle upon TyneCentral Square South, Orchard Street, Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne & Wear, UK, NE1 3AZView ranked officeSalfordTwo New Bailey Square, 6 Stanley Street, Salford, Greater Manchester, UK, M3 5GSView ranked officeSouthampton2 Charlotte Place, Southampton, Hampshire, UK, SO14 0TBView ranked office