Provided by Oscar Samour
He has more than 17 years of experience in banking and finance, mergers and acquisitions and conflict resolution. He has extensive international experience and is frequently sought after for his expertise in multi-jurisdictional transactions.
He has led some of the largest transactions to take place in the financial sector in El Salvador, including the acquisition of Banco Agrícola by Bancolombia and the acquisition of HSBC by Banco Davivienda. He recently led the acquisition by Imperia Intercontinental Inc. of Scotiabank's operations in El Salvador and the acquisition of AIG's operations in El Salvador by the Panamanian insurance company ASSA. In addition, he has advised the Republic of El Salvador on several issues in the international markets, including the largest issuance in El Salvador, and is constantly working with local and international financial institutions in structuring different types of loans for Salvadoran entities.
Member of the International Bar Association (IBA)
Member of the Latin American Arbitration Association
Certified arbitrator by the Center for Mediation, Conciliation and Arbitration of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of El Salvador
Member of Spanish Arbitration Club
Member of Young Arbitrators Forum (ICC)
Member of the International Bar Association - Latin American Committee on Banking and Financial Law
Secretary of the Board of Directors of the British Chamber of Commerce in El Salvador
• Advised Credit Suisse in the structuring of a DPR Program to Imperia Continental INC for the acquisition of the shares of Citibank in El Salvador for $100 million.
• Advised Deutsche Bank and Credit Suisse as underwriters in Banco Agricola’s debt issuance for US$300 million.
• Advised American Insurance Group (AIG) in El Salvador in the acquisition of their operations by the Panamanian insurance company ASSA by the amount of $85 million.
• Advised the Panamanian branch of The Bank of Nova Scotia in a credit facility of $150 million granted to Autofacil Panama, S.A., holding company to one of the largest car dealer in the region.
• Advised the Republic of El Salvador on the issuance of notes for US$601 million.
• Advised Digicel International Finance Limited in the $1.35 billion US Loan financing granted by Citi as a joint book runner with JP Morgan and co-lead arranger with JP Morgan, Barclays, Credit Suisse and Deutsche Bank.
University of Pepperdine
LL.M. in International Arbitration
Columbia University School of Law
American Legal System
Universidad Centroamericana José Simeón Cañas
Degree in Legal Science
Partner Oscar Samour garners approval from interviewees who value his practice in El Salvador, with an impressed client noting: "Oscar Samour is a strategic business adviser and we trust his judgement to handle the most complex issues of our company. He is a highly qualified professional who has an exhaustive knowledge of the corporate and commercial laws and the business context."