David Filippi practices in the areas of natural resources, environmental and land use law, concentrating his practice on water rights and water quality, fish and wildlife law, hydropower relicensing, and project facility siting and permitting.
David has been closely involved in the development and implementation of numerous Endangered Species Act compliance strategies on behalf of both public and private clients. His experience includes section 7 consultations on behalf of local governments and development interests seeking permits or contract approvals from various federal agencies.
David's water law practice encompasses regional water supply planning, water management and conservation planning, and compliance with water basin programs. He works regularly with clients to inventory and secure existing water rights, obtain new water rights and transfer existing water rights to new uses. David also advises clients as to permitting and compliance under the Clean Water Act, National Environmental Policy Act, and federal reclamation laws including the Reclamation Reform Act.
- Board member, Oregon Business & Industry
- Northwest Energy Association
- Northwest Hydroelectric Association
- Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation
- Environmental and Natural Resources Section, Land Use and Real Estate Section, Oregon State Bar Association
- Environment, Energy, and Resources Section, American Bar Association