Provided by Danny Tricot
Danny Tricot heads Skadden’s European capital markets practice.
Mr. Tricot’s general corporate practice includes experience in complex cross-border mergers and acquisitions. He has worked across several European jurisdictions, and also in growth markets, with extensive experience in the Middle East, Africa and Russia.
On the equity side, Mr. Tricot has advised on initial public offerings, rights offerings and private placings. He has extensive experience in equity listings on the London Stock Exchange, but also advises on listings on various other international exchanges. Most of the offerings that he has worked on have included a Rule 144A component.
Mr. Tricot’s experience also covers a range of debt capital markets work.
Mr. Tricot's experience in Equity Capital Markets includes advising:
- Fix Price in its US$2 billion IPO of global depositary receipts and dual listing on the London and Moscow stock exchanges. This is the largest-ever IPO by a Russian retailer;
- Atlantica Sustainable Infrastructure plc in its US$300 million equity financing through an SEC-registered offering of ordinary shares and a concurrent private placement. This was the first SEC-registered equity offering using a U.K.-style cashbox structure;
- National Atomic Company Kazatomprom and Sovereign Wealth Fund Samruk-Kazyna (as selling shareholder) on Kazatomprom’s US$451 million IPO and listings on the London Stock Exchange and the Astana Exchange;
- TMF Group in connection with its proposed IPO and admission to listing on the premium segment of the London Stock Exchange;
- Phoenix Group Holdings on its rights issue on the London Stock Exchange to raise £950 million to partially finance the £2.9 billion acquisition of Standard Life Assurance from Standard Life Aberdeen plc; and rights issue on the London Stock Exchange to raise £735 million to partially finance the £935 million acquisition of Abbey Life from Deutsche Bank AG.
In Debt Capital Markets, he represented:
-Telegram Group Inc. in its US$1 billion Regulation S issuance of pre-IPO convertible bonds;
- Pfizer Inc. on the establishment of a US$15 billion euro commercial paper programme;
- Atlantica Sustainable Infrastructure plc in its US$100 million offering of 4.00% green exchangeable senior notes due 2025;
- The Egyptian General Petroleum Corporation (EGPC) on eight separate financings in both the debt capital markets and the bank markets carried out by monetising long-term commodity sale agreements, raising in aggregate approximately US$10 billion;
- HSBC Securities (USA) Inc. as lead underwriter in multiple debt offerings by HSBC Holdings plc, raising in aggregate in excess of US$47 billion.
Danny Tricot is the European head of capital markets at Skadden. He has a broad ECM practice and is regularly sought out by issuers and banks for share listings. He has extensive experience advising clients on secondary and follow-on listings and has a burgeoning reputation for his work on US SPAC listings.
"Danny is a technically strong lawyer with the added benefit of being able to use those skills to provide proactive commercial solutions for his clients." "He's very good and very thorough."