Francois is a partner and head of our Pensions group. He has nearly 20 years' experience of advising corporate sponsors and pension funds on UK and international pensions and benefits issues in relation to both defined benefit and defined contribution arrangements
His recent experience includes:
- Advising on the full range of strategies to de-risk legacy defined benefit pension plans, including the establishment of asset backed special purpose funding structures, designed to use corporate assets, rather than cash, to meet deficits;
- Advising on new UK and EU governance and best practice requirements in relation to defined contribution plans;
- Working with a European fund management house rolling out a Luxembourg based pension plan across the EU;
- Advising on complex funding, security and guarantee packages in relation to defined benefit plans; and
- Developing aeready, Eversheds' innovative legal automatic enrolment compliance tool for UK companies.