Lawyer profile for Asia-Pacific 2021
Chambers Research is conducted by 200 Research Analysts, across 200 jurisdictions and provides nearly 6,000 rankings tables. Annually we collect hundreds of thousands of responses from clients, the majority via in-depth interview. Learn more about our methodology.
This content is provided by Teck Howe Tan
Partner - Corporate Real Estate and Myanmar Practices. Vast experience in property-related work including sales and purchases, property regulatory and advisory work, property investment and management, property development, leases and property-related commercial contracts. Clientele includes property developers and investors, property funds and REITs, hospitality companies, business space providers, multinationals, government authorities and academic institutions.
Admitted, 1997, Singapore; Mansfield College, Oxford (BA in Jurisprudence).
Member, Law Society of Singapore; Singapore Academy of Law.
Co-authored - Singapore chapters in the Real Estate Finance & Investment Review 2014/2015, Getting the Deal Through - Real Estate, 2011-2013 editions.
Significant transactions that Teck Howe has been involved in include advising / acting for the following:
- CapitaLand Limited in its acquisition of the Ascendas-Singbridge group of companies from Ascendas-Singbridge Pte. Ltd. The deal is valued at S$11 billion and makes CapitaLand the largest diversified real estate group in Asia, with assets under management of S$123.4 billion.
- Resorts World Sentosa and Genting Singapore's expansion of the Integrated Resort on Sentosa island, Singapore, with the addition of two new themed attractions and two new hotels.
- Deka Singapore Raffles Place LP, a partnership comprising Deka Immobilien Investment GMBH, a unit of Germany’s Deka Group, and Deka Singapore A Pte. Ltd., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Deka Immobilien, in the sale of Chevron House, a 32-storey commercial development located in the central business district of Singapore, for S$660 million to Oxley Beryl Pte. Ltd., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Oxley Holdings Limited.
- Manulife Financial Corporation's purchase of the entire equity stake in DBS China Square Limited which holds the property known as "PwC Building" based on an agreed property value of S$747 million from DBS Bank Ltd.
- DHL Supply Chain Singapore Pte. Ltd., part of the Deutsche Post DHL, in the development and lease of a built-to-suit warehouse, located at Greenwich Drive, Tampines LogisPark, Singapore.
- Changi Airport Group (Singapore) Pte. Ltd. in Project Jewel - a project for the development, construction, lease and management of the iconic aviation-related mixed-use complex at Changi Airport, Singapore, and in the joint venture with CMA Singapore Investment (6) Pte. Ltd. for the project.
Expert in these Jurisdictions
Ranked since 2017 in Chambers – Real Estate: Domestic - Singapore
Teck Howe Tan
12 Marina Boulevard Level 28 Marina Bay Financial Centre Tower 3
12 Marina Boulevard Level 28
Marina Bay Financial Centre Tower 3