Deputy Head - Equity Capital Markets Practice. Chee Shan has extensive experience in equity capital market transactions and advises issuers and underwriters in a broad array of cross-border capital markets transactions, including initial public offerings and secondary offerings. He has 20 years of experience advising corporates and real estate investment trusts, and counts a number of high-profile deals among the transactions he has been involved in.
Admitted, 1998, Singapore; National University of Singapore (LL.B., Hons.).
Member, Law Society of Singapore.
Significant transactions that Chee Shan has been involved in include advising / acting for the following:
- CapitaMalls Asia Limited in its initial public offering. This is one of the largest initial public offerings in Singapore and was awarded "Best Singapore Deal" by FinanceAsia Awards for Achievement 2009.
- Avago Technologies Limited in its initial public offering. This was the second largest initial public offering in the United States in 2009 at the time of the announcement.
- Mapletree Greater China Commercial Trust in its initial public offering. This is the largest initial public offering for a REIT in Singapore's history.
- Sabana Shari’ah Compliant Industrial REIT in its initial public offering. This is Singapore's first certified Shari'ah-compliant REIT.
- Parkway Life REIT in its initial public offering. This is the second REIT in Singapore with health-care assets.
- Ascott Residence Trust in its initial public offering. This is the first pan-Asian serviced residence REIT.
Ranked since 2013 in Chambers - Capital Markets: Domestic - (Singapore)