Joint Head of the WPGrow: Start-Up / Venture Capital Practice, a Partner in the Mergers & Acquisitions and FinTech Practices. Kyle’s main areas of practice encompass venture capital and start-up matters, local and international mergers and acquisitions, fintech, and general corporate and commercial transactions.
Admitted, 2010, Singapore; National University of Singapore (LL.B., Hons.).
Member, Law Society of Singapore.
Co-authored - Singapore chapter in Getting the Deal Through – Private Equity, Transactions 2016 -2018 editions; Thomson Reuters Practical Law Private Equity and Venture Capital Global Guide – Venture capital investment in Singapore and the Singapore Academy of Law’s VIMA Term Sheet – A road map for a start-up’s relationship with investors.
- Advising/acting for both investors and start-ups in venture capital investments across the spectrum of funding rounds including recent matters such as (a) acting for ZWC Partners and Openspace Ventures in the independent funding round of GoJek's on demand video platform GoPlay; (b) acting for Biofourmis in its US$100 million Series C funding round led by SoftBank; and (c) acting for KKR (via KKR Asian Fund III) in the S$300 million funding round raised by PropertyGuru.
- Award-winning public M&A transactions such as the S$13.8 billion contested cash offer for Fraser and Neave, Limited by TCC Assets Limited and Thai Beverage Public Company Limited, in what was then the largest M&A transaction in Singapore's corporate history.
- Private M&A transactions such as the $1.06 billion disposal by Frasers Property Limited of its 63.1% stake in AsiaRetail Fund to Frasers Centrepoint Trust.
- Cross-border M&A transactions such as the S$1.71 billion sale by CapitaLand Limited of a group of companies which hold 20 retail malls in China to China Vanke Co. Ltd., SCPG Commercial Real Estate and HOPU Investment Management.
- FinTech providers such as banks, big data companies, ICO issuers, private share exchanges and FinTech start-ups on matters such as United Overseas Bank Limited's strategic alliance with Grab Holdings Inc. to deliver financial services to Grab Holdings Inc’s ASEAN-wide user base.
- Private equity firms and sovereign wealth funds such as Temasek Holdings in the investment by the Asian Development Bank into Clifford Capital Holdings, a Temasek-backed specialist financing and distribution platform for infrastructure and other real assets globally, headquartered in Singapore.
Corporate / M&A, Start-up / Venture Capital, Fintech, Technology and Telecommunications.
English, Chinese and Bahasa Melayu.
Ranked in Chambers – Startups & Emerging Companies (Singapore)
Ranked in IFLR1000 since 2019 for M&A / Technology and Telecommunications
Ranked in Asialaw Leading Lawyers - Corporate and M&A
Asialaw Leading Lawyers