Chambers Research is conducted by 200 Research Analysts, across 200 jurisdictions and provides nearly 6,000 rankings tables. Annually we collect hundreds of thousands of responses from clients, the majority via in-depth interview. Learn more about our methodology.
This content is provided by Niall McCann
Niall is a licensing, gambling and regulatory specialist who advises on applications pursuant to the Licensing Act 2003, Gambling Act 2005 and all associated compliance and regulatory matters. He regularly appears before the courts and sub-committees throughout England and Wales as an advocate. His expertise also encompasses advising on the impact of insolvency in respect to licensed premises. His clients include pub companies, restaurants, bars, hotels, nightclubs, off-licences and events spaces.
He also advises on a wide range of civil litigation matters such as contractual disputes, professional negligence claims, breach of warranty claims and insolvency.
Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2019, Niall worked at the following firms:
- Reed Smith
- Secured a new overarching premises licence for the Dulwich Picture Gallery to extend its premises licence to permit late night events outside
- Secured two 24-hour licences for Mishcon de Reya LLP to allow for events and parties
- Successfully defended a highly contested review application brought by numerous local residents.
- Obtained a new premises licence for a brewery in one of Hackney Council’s Special Policy Areas.
- Obtained a new premises licence for an internationally recognised brand in the City of Westminster’s West End Stress Area outside of Core Hours.
- Successfully pursued a professional negligence claim in respect of advice given by an insolvency practitioner to a chain of pubs.
- Settled a contractual dispute, at mediation, in respect of a claim worth in excess of £2m.