Chambers Research is conducted by 200 Research Analysts, across 200 jurisdictions and provides nearly 6,000 rankings tables. Annually we collect hundreds of thousands of responses from clients, the majority via in-depth interview. Learn more about our methodology.
This content is provided by Juan Cristóbal Gumucio
Competition and consumer law.
Partner since 2007. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile Law School (LLB, 1994). Oxford University, UK (MJur, 1998) Chevening alumnus. He worked at Clifford Chance, London (1998) and Unilever Chile (2001-03). He heads the Competition Law practice, advising clients in merger control, contentious matters, such as cartels and unilateral conduct, non-contentious advice and compliance programs. Throughout his career he
has participated in many landmark cases that have shaped competition case law in Chile. He has also been involved assessing pro-bono different trade associations regarding amendments to Competition and Consumer Protection legislation.
International Bar Association. Cartels Working Group; American Bar Association, Antitrust Section; International Competition Network, NGA, Mergers Working Group; Member of the Advisory Board, Centro de Libre Competencia UC; Member of the Board, National Association of Advertisers (ANDA); Chilean Bar Association.
- Juan Cristobal Gumucio, Elías Astudillo and Tomás Labbé, “¿Se justifica la consulta ante el TDLC”, Investigaciones CeCo (February, 2020). https://www.centrocompetencia.com/investigaciones
- Lexology Navigator – Merger Control, 2017.
- “Competition Law in Latin America”. Chapter 13: Competition Law in Chile. Walters Kluwer Law International B.V., 2016.
- Lecturer of Competition Law, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile.
- Lecturer of Competition Law, Universidad de Los Andes.
Cariola Díez Pérez-Cotapos