Global Mexico Energy & Natural Resources
- Galicia Abogados, S.C.
- Ritch Mueller
- Thomas Mueller-GastellRitch Mueller
- Benjamín Torres-Barrón Baker McKenzie
- Carlos de Maria y Campos Segura Galicia Abogados, S.C.
- Horacio M de UriarteMijares, Angoitia, Cortés y Fuentes, S.C.
- Rogelio López VelardeDentons
- David Enríquez Goodrich Riquelme y Asociados
- Francisco Fernández Cueto Galicia Abogados, S.C.
- Juan Carlos Machorro Guerrero Santamarina y Steta SC
- Derek M Woodhouse SaavedraCMS Woodhouse Lorente Ludlow SC
- Federico Santacruz GonzálezRitch Mueller
- Carlos Ramos Miranda Hogan Lovells
- Jose Antonio Postigo-Uribe Sánchez DeVanny Eseverri, S.C.
- Marcelo Páramo Fernández DLA Piper Mexico, S.C.
- Amanda ValdezDentons
- Ariel RamosMayer Brown Mexico SC
- Claudio Rodríguez-GalánHolland & Knight LLP
- Jesús Rodríguez DávalosRodríguez Dávalos Abogados
- Jorge JiménezDentons
- Jorge Oria y AnayaRitch Mueller
- Manuel CervantesMCM Abogados
- Pedro Reséndez BocanegraGreenberg Traurig, S.C.
- Francisco de Rosenzweig White & Case SC
- Francisco J. Valdes López Sainz Abogados
- José A Estandía Jones Day
- José Ignacio Segura Alonso Creel, García-Cuéllar, Aiza y Enríquez, S.C.
- Juan Carlos Serra Campillo Basham, Ringe y Correa S.C.
- Miguel Ángel Mateo Simón Hogan Lovells
- Diana Maria PinedaGonzalez Calvillo, S.C.
- Jorge Cervantes TrejoGonzalez Calvillo, S.C.
- Nicolás Borda BarreroBBA Deals & Disputes
Up and Coming
Associates to watch
- Carlos Maass Porras Baker McKenzie
- Rodrigo Vazquez del MercadoGreenberg Traurig, S.C.
1Galicia Abogados, S.C.Energy & Natural Resources2023 | Band 1 |Galicia Abogados is a market-leading firm that is held in high esteem for its outstanding expertise in the energy sector in Mexico, boasting particular prowess in the power space. The legal team benefits from a wealth of experience in financing energy projects, as well as in negotiating power purchase agreements. The energy practice group routinely advises major financial institutions on sophisticated project finance transactions in the energy sector. Galicia Abogados is also frequently involved in high-value acquisitions of stakes in energy companies and power plants.
- DentonsEnergy & Natural Resources2023 | Band 1
- Ritch MuellerEnergy & Natural Resources2023 | Band 1
2Baker McKenzieEnergy & Natural Resources2023 | Band 2 |Baker McKenzie is a well-regarded international firm that possesses strong expertise in the energy arena in Mexico. The legal team is frequently sought out by clients to handle a wide range of mandates, including sector-related M&A transactions, power purchase agreements, project finance deals and regulatory matters. The practice group is deeply involved in the energy arena, representing clients in acquiring stakes in energy companies and handling permitting, hydrocarbon storage matters and public bids. 2CMS Woodhouse Lorente Ludlow SCEnergy & Natural Resources2023 | Band 2 |CMS Woodhouse Lorente Ludlow houses a highly regarded practice that possesses broad expertise in a variety of energy mandates in Mexico, encompassing project financing, power purchase agreements and energy-related M&A transactions. The department is also held in high regard for its handling of complex regulatory mandates, boasting notable experience in matters arising across the power and oil and gas spaces.
- Gonzalez Calvillo, S.C.Energy & Natural Resources2023 | Band 2
- Greenberg Traurig, S.C.Energy & Natural Resources2023 | Band 2
- Mijares, Angoitia, Cortés y Fuentes, S.C.Energy & Natural Resources2023 | Band 2
3Goodrich Riquelme y AsociadosEnergy & Natural Resources2023 | Band 3 |Goodrich Riquelme y Asociados houses an active energy practice in Mexico that boasts strong expertise in the oil and gas and renewables arenas, regularly advising on upstream, midstream and downstream matters. The legal team also benefits from experience in assisting with sector-related project finance and M&A transactions. The energy and natural resources department frequently acts on behalf of clients on regulatory issues as well as contentious mandates. 3Hogan LovellsEnergy & Natural Resources2023 | Band 3 |Hogan Lovells is an established international firm that has a varied energy and natural resources offering in Mexico. The legal team acts as counsel to domestic and international clients hailing from the power, hydrocarbons and renewable energy sectors. The firm is well versed in power purchase agreements, deep water exploration and extraction contracts and regulatory matters, as well as the acquisition of power plants. 3Santamarina y Steta SCEnergy & Natural Resources2023 | Band 3 |Santamarina y Steta is an established firm boasting a solid energy team in Mexico that is active in both power and oil and gas matters, also enjoying solid experience in handling projects in the renewables space. The energy and natural resources team is routinely retained by domestic and international clients to assist with power purchase agreements, public bids and contracts for the exploration and extraction of hydrocarbons.
4Creel, García-Cuéllar, Aiza y Enríquez, S.C.Energy & Natural Resources2023 | Band 4 |Creel, García-Cuéllar, Aiza y Enríquez houses a well-known practice in Mexico that is routinely instructed by clients to advise on transactional matters arising in the energy and natural resources sector. The legal team is frequently involved in the financing of energy projects and due diligence for the acquisition of energy assets. The Mexico City-based department is active in various market sectors including oil and gas, wind and solar. 4Nader Hayaux & GoebelEnergy & Natural Resources2023 | Band 4 |Nader Hayaux & Goebel has a significant practice in the energy market and is recognised for its expertise in this area in Mexico. The legal team demonstrates particular capabilities in transactional matters and benefits from a wealth of experience in financing energy projects, as well as negotiating power purchase agreements. Nader Hayaux & Goebel is notably active in the renewables sector. 4White & Case SCEnergy & Natural Resources2023 | Band 4 |White & Case has an experienced international full-service practice that is active in the energy arena in Mexico. The Mexico City-based team is particularly active assisting national and international clients acting as lenders and sponsors in the context of financing energy projects. White & Case benefits from solid expertise advising on mandates relating to solar energy and oil and gas.
- Holland & Knight LLPEnergy & Natural Resources2023 | Band 4