Tax, Litigation and Arbitration.
Law Degree, Faculdade de Direito da Universidade Clássica de Lisboa, 1995; Postgraduate Degree in Tax Law, Instituto Superior de Gestão, 1998; Postgraduate Degree in Securities, Faculdade de Direito da Universidade Clássica de Lisboa, 1999; Postgraduate Degree in Management, Universidade Católica Portuguesa, 1996-1997.
Filipe is a lawyer in the Lisbon office of Uría Menéndez-Proença de Carvalho. He joined the firm in 2001 after practicing in another prestigious Portuguese law firm and a leading consultancy firm from 1996 until 2001. He became a partner in January 2005.
Filipe focuses his practice on the following
- Financial products and capital markets: on the design of financial products of various financial institutions and investment banks in order to optimise the tax treatment of those products.
- Family businesses and high net-worth individuals.
- International tax planning: on foreign investments in Portugal as well as Portuguese investments abroad.
- Real estate transactions and project finance: on conventional tax issues, and in particular those related to (i) the acquisition and transfer of real estate, (ii) the development of real estate generally and (iii) project finance transactions.
- Tax inspections and disputes.
Portuguese Bar Association, Portuguese Fiscal Association.
Languages: English, Spanish.