Lawyer profile for Asia-Pacific 2021
Chambers Research is conducted by 200 Research Analysts, across 200 jurisdictions and provides nearly 6,000 rankings tables. Annually we collect hundreds of thousands of responses from clients, the majority via in-depth interview. Learn more about our methodology.
Investment Funds: Domestic - Singapore
This content is provided by Felicia Marie Ng
Partner - Asset Management & Funds Practice. Advises fund managers and sponsors in the establishment and structuring of private equity funds, real estate funds, venture capital funds and hedge funds, as well as family offices, pension funds, sovereign wealth funds and other institutional investors as investors of alternative investment funds. Also advises clients on tax exemption schemes such as the Singapore Resident Fund scheme and the Enhanced-Tier Fund scheme as well as the regulatory and licensing issues relating to Singapore securities and financial advisory law.
Admitted, 2005, Singapore; National University of Singapore (LL.B., Hons.)
Member, Law Society of Singapore.
Co-authored - Singapore chapter in Chambers Global Practice Guides - Investment Funds Singapore 2019, Getting The Deal Through – Private Equity (Fund Formation), Singapore Chapter - 2012 - 2018 editions, The Private Equity Review (Fundraising) - Singapore Chapter – 3rd – 6th editions.
- Seletar Fund Investments in relation to its investment in SME Co-Investment Fund III, a fund to catalyse investment in small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) in Singapore.
- Mapletree Investments Pte Ltd in the establishment of a private commercial trust, MASCOT Private Trust (MASCOT), which raised A$654 million. The fund is fully invested in office assets strategically located in key Australian gateway cities of Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Brisbane and Perth with a total asset value of about A$1.4 billion.
- Temasek Trust, Pavilion Capital and Seletar Fund Investments as sponsors on the establishment of ABC World Asia Fund I LP, an impact investment fund focussed on Asian markets.
- Lendlease Investment Management Pte Ltd and Lendlease Singapore Holding Pty Limited as investment advisor and co-sponsor of Lendlease Data Centre Partners, an investment trust dedicated to developing and investing in data centre projects in South-East Asia, Japan, China and Australia.
- V-Sciences Fund Investments in relation its investment in Trendlines Agrifood Pte. Ltd., a fund that will invest in new, innovation-based, agrifood tech companies in Singapore and in foreign agrifood companies, establishing its Asia-Pacific (APAC) headquarters in Singapore.
- Canada Pension Plan Investment Board in relation to its US$375 million investment representing a 25% stake in Raffles City China Investment Partners III, a fund which will invest in prime integrated developments in gateway cities in the PRC, with a fund size of US$1.5 billion.
- CapitaLand Limited's largest private capital-raising; the sponsor and fund manager of Lion-OCBC Capital Asia Fund I, L.P. which is the first private equity fund established by OCBC Bank to invest in Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia and China and which raised S$550 million.
- Institutional investors from Asia and North America in their investment of up to US$500 million in CapitaMalls China Development Fund III, a closed-end US$1 billion private equity fund sponsored by CapitaMalls Asia Limited.
- Ascendas Pte. Ltd., AXA Real Estate Investment Management (Singapore) Pte. Ltd., CapitaLand Limited, ING Real Estate Investment Management (Asia) Ltd., Mapletree Investments Pte. Ltd., Pacific Star Holdings Pte. Ltd. and The Ascott Group in the establishment of their private equity real estate funds.
Expert in these Jurisdictions
Ranked in Chambers – Investment Funds: Domestic: Singapore
Felicia Marie Ng