Mergers and Acquisitions, Banking and Finance, Restructuring.
Law Degree, Universidad Central de Barcelona, 1987.
Eduardo joined Uría Menéndez in 1988 and became a partner in 1997. Between 2000 and 2002 he was managing partner of the New York office, and upon his return to Barcelona was head of the M&A and Corporate Practice Area until 2007.
His practice is focused on M&A, banking and finance, securities and corporate law, and has included advising:
- on mergers and acquisitions (of both private and listed corporations) and joint ventures;
- shareholding and financial restructurings, including pre-insolvency;
- companies and banks on structured finance transactions, project finance, refinancing and issuers of debt and hybrid instruments; and
- private equity funds, sellers and management in private equity transactions;
- listed and non-listed companies on corporate governance matters;
- on regulatory aspects of acquisitions in regulated sectors such as banking and insurance;
- contractors and financial institutions on significant bids for public works projects.
Barcelona Bar Association, Bar Association of the City of New York (licensed as a Legal Consultant), 2000-2006, Director of the Spain-US Chamber of Commerce, 2000-2003, International Bar Association, Member of Fundació FEMCAT.
Languages: English and French.