Head - Corporate/Mergers and Acquisitions Practice; Partner - Private Equity Practice. Extensive experience in mergers and acquisitions, privatisations, corporate restructurings, local and cross-border joint ventures as well as private equity transactions. Involved in notable public mergers and acquisitions, private equity transactions and privatisations in Singapore and in the region.
Admitted, 1998, Singapore; Gray's Inn (Barrister-at-Law); University of Nottingham (LL.B., Hons.).
Member, Law Society of Singapore.
Co-authored - Singapore chapter in The Private Equity Review (Investing) since 2013, Getting the Deal Through – Private M&A since 2018 and the Global Legal Insights M&A (2014 Edition).
- CapitaLand Limited ("CapitaLand") in its acquisition of the Ascendas-Singbridge group of companies from Ascendas-Singbridge Pte. Ltd. The deal is valued at S$11 billion and makes CapitaLand the largest diversified real estate group in Asia, with assets under management of S$123.4 billion.
- Singapore billionaire Mr Peter Lim in his disposal of the entire issued and paid-up share capital of Sasteria Pte. Ltd. ("Target") to Rowsley Ltd., for a total consideration of up to S$1.6 billion to be satisfied by the issuance of shares in Rowsley Ltd. The Target is the sole owner of the Thomson Medical group (one of Singapore's leading providers of healthcare services for women and children), and also holds a majority shareholding stake in TMC Life Sciences Berhad (a multidisciplinary healthcare company that is listed on Bursa Malaysia).
- Nesta Investment Holdings Limited, which is controlled by a consortium comprising HOPU Logistics Investment Management Co., Ltd., Hillhouse Capital Logistics Management, Ltd., SMG Eastern Limited (an entity wholly owned by the CEO of Global Logistics Properties), Bank of China Group Investment Limited and Vanke Real Estate (Hong Kong) Company Limited, in the acquisition of Global Logistic Properties Limited for approximately S$16 billion by way of a scheme of arrangement. This deal was awarded "Deal of the Year" and "Best Leveraged Finance Deal" at the FinanceAsia Achievement Awards, 2017, "M&A Deal of the Year: South East Asia" at The Asian Lawyer's Asia Legal Awards 2018, and M&A Deal of the Year (Premium) at the ALB SE Asia Law Awards, 2018.
- ESR Funds Management (S) Limited (the manager of ESR-REIT), in the merger with Viva Industrial Trust by way of a trust scheme of arrangement. The merger values Viva Industrial Trust at S$936.7 million and creates Singapore's fourth largest industrial REIT with approximately S$3 billion in property assets. This deal won Best Singapore Deal at the FinanceAsia Awards 2018 and M&A Deal of the Year (Midsize) at the ALB SE Asia Law Awards, 2019.
- CMA CGM S.A. ("CMA") in relation to the voluntary general offer by CMA for all the issued and paid up ordinary shares in the capital of Neptune Orient Lines Limited, for approximately S$3.4 billion. This deal was awarded "M&A Deal of the Year (Premium)" at the ALB SE Asia Law Awards, 2017.
- CB Medical Holdings Limited ("CBMHL"), an indirectly-owned subsidiary of Beijing CITIC Investment Centre (Limited Partnership), in the amalgamation between CBMHL and Biosensors International Group, Ltd. valued at S$1.1 billion, this being the first take private of a company listed on the Singapore Exchange Securities Trading Limited through an amalgamation.
Ranked since 2009 in Chambers - Corporate/M&A Domestic: Singapore
Lawyer of the Year - Private Equity Law (Singapore)