King & Spalding LLP
Chairman: Robert D Hays
King & Spalding helps leading companies advance complex business interests in more than 160 countries. Working across a highly integrated platform of more than 1,200 lawyers in 23 offices globally, the firm delivers tailored commercial solutions through world-class offerings and an uncompromising approach to quality and service.
Main Areas of Practice:
Tries cases to verdict and defends clients against criminal investigations, opt-out group actions, class actions, appellate matters and other antitrust litigation.
Experienced in issues of antitrust, product liability, mass tort, patents and trademarks, class action certification, securities law, franchise law, white-collar defense and consumer fraud.
Corporate, Public & Private Finance:
Lawyers located in offices across the United States, Europe and Middle East represent lenders, investors, funds and borrowers in finance and other commercial transactions.
Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation:
Advises on employee benefit plans and executive compensation programs and related funding vehicles.
Acts as discovery counsel for Fortune 50 companies in the banking, energy, pharmaceutical, medical device, telecommunications, chemical, manufacturing, and tobacco industries.
Informs clients on a spectrum of transactional, regulatory, litigation and arbitration matters in the oil and gas, natural resources and mining industries.
Advises clients on virtually every type of environmental issue – including regulatory and compliance advice, permit appeals, enforcement actions and property damage claims.
FDA & Life Sciences:
Represents pharmaceutical, medical device, biotechnology, healthcare technology companies and food manufacturers, in a range of regulatory, compliance, policy and litigation matters.
The firm represents borrowers and lenders in acquisition financing, asset-based financing, Islamic financing, leveraged financing (mezzanine and high-yield debt), leveraged leasing, project financing.
Advises on reorganisations, including in court and out of court debt restructurings, bankruptcy and insolvency litigation and distressed asset mergers and acquisitions.
Advises clients within the financial services sector from high value, sophisticated transactions through to complex legislative, regulatory and industry issues.
Advises clients through the entire project development process, from concept to ribbon-cutting, with particular emphasis in the energy and transportation sectors.
Government Advocacy & Public Policy:
Supports clients in managing their interactions with US government agencies including congressional investigations, international and ethics and election law.
Represents corporations and individuals in complex US criminal investigations, internal investigations and congressional investigations.
As one of the largest healthcare law practices in the country, the firm is praised for its excellence in transactional, litigation and regulatory representation of clients across the spectrum of healthcare.
Advises clients with the development and strategic planning needed to handle patent and trademark prosecution and intellectual property litigation matters that stretch across borders.
Handling cases before major arbitral institutions such as the ICSID, ICC, LCIA, and AAA, as well as under UNCITRAL and other ad hoc rules.
International Trade & WTO:
Handles a wide range of international trade and customs matters for US and non-US clients.
Labour & Employment:
Provides labour and employment services to employers ranging from preventive advice and training to litigation and representation under federal and state labour and employment laws.
Covers acquisitions of public and private companies, tender offers, joint ventures and partnering arrangements, purchases and sales of divisions, and takeover preparation and defence.
Middle East & Islamic Finance:
Advises on Shari’ah — compliant financings and investment products.
Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology & Medical Devices:
Many of the firm’s lawyers and professionals devote all or a substantial portion of their practices to clients in these industries, with specialised experience at every stage of the product life cycle.
Private Equity & Investment Funds:
Advises clients on fund formation, mergers and acquisitions, leveraged finance, Islamic finance, securities offerings, tax and restructuring.
Advises clients on a complete range of commercial real estate deals. The real estate capital markets practice is known for creative structuring of mergers and acquisitions and complex equity and debt financing transactions.
Advises on a range of income tax issues, with particularly extensive experience in the corporate, partnership and international practice areas.
Offers large-firm litigation resources and lawyers who have tried high exposure tort cases, including some of the most plaintiff-friendly jurisdictions in the US.
Provided by King & Spalding LLP
- BrusselsBrussels, Brussels Capital Region, BelgiumView ranked office
- Paris48 bis rue de Monceau, Paris, Paris, France, 75008View ranked office
- Frankfurt am MainTaunusTurm | Taunustor 1, Frankfurt am Main, Hessen, Germany, 60310View ranked office
- TokyoShin Marunouchi Building 12th Floor, 5-1, Marunouchi 1-chome, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan, 100-6512View ranked office
- RiyadhKingdom Centre, 20th Floor, King Fahad Road, PO Box 14702, Riyadh, Al Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, 11434View ranked office
- Singapore1 Raffles Quay, #31-01 North Tower, Singapore, Singapore Island, Singapore, 048583View ranked office
- Geneva29, quai du Mont-Blanc, Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland, CH-1201View ranked office
- London125 Old Broad Street, London, Greater London, UK, EC2N 1ARView ranked office
- Chicago110 N Wacker Drive, Suite 3800, Chicago, Illinois, USA, IL 60606View ranked officeHouston1100 Louisiana, Suite 4000, Houston, Texas, USA, TX 77002View ranked officeLos Angeles633 West Fifth Street, Suite 1700, Los Angeles, California, USA, CA 90071View ranked officeMiamiSoutheast Financial Center, 200 S Biscayne Boulevard, Suite 4700, Miami, Florida, USA, 33131View ranked officeNew York1185 Avenue of the Americas 34th Floor , New York, New York, USA, NY 10036-4003View ranked officeWashington, DC1700 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Suite 200, Washington, DC, District of Columbia, USA, 20006View ranked office
4 Contributions provided by King & Spalding LLP
The UK is globally recognised as a premier hub for arbitration, and its popularity among arbitratio...
The global energy crisis, which began to unfold in the autumn of 2021, had an immediate impact on h...
King & Spalding LLP rankings
Articles, highlights and press releases
1 item provided by King & Spalding LLP