The Chambers USA 2020 guide is now available
Chambers USA ranks the top lawyers and law firms across all the United States of America. Law firms that have a national presence are also ranked in our Nationwide tables (which focus on those firms that are the country’s best in their respective areas of practice).
Chambers and Partners rankings are assessed by our experienced team of Chambers researchers. Please see our methodology page to find out more. When buying legal services in the USA, Chambers and Partners can provide reliable and trusted recommendations to help you make an informed decision.
New in this release
The Chambers USA 2020 guide includes:
- 19,025 total lawyer rankings – an increase from 17,934 last year
- 18,135 different lawyers recognised – an increase from 17,118 last year
- 1,825 newly ranked lawyers – 32% of which are female
- 6,695 total firm rankings
- 2,318 different firms recognised – an increase from 2,123 last year
The new sections include:
- 59 new practice areas covered
- New city rankings for San Diego, San Antonio and Austin
- USA – Nationwide Private Equity: Buyouts has been split into High-end Capability and mid-market
- A new Oil & Gas Litigation table
- New regional tables for Cannabis law and Food & Beverages: Alcohol
The Chambers Guide to the top Lawyers and Law Firms in the USA - Jurisdictions and Practice Areas
Chambers USA covers all the states in the USA. We also have regional rankings in a number of states, including New York, California, Pennsylvania and Missouri,
In every state we rank the leading law firms in at least four areas of law: Corporate / Commercial, Labor & Employment, Litigation, and Real Estate. In most states we cover more than four areas of law, so that the guide overall covers over 50 different practice areas /sectors on a state and national level.
Rankings at state-level are based upon the location in which a firm or lawyer practices regardless of where their clients are located or where their deals and cases take place.
Our ranking tables are compiled through assessment of a firm’s work and opinions from external market sources, with an emphasis on client feedback. Firms and lawyers need to demonstrate sustained excellence in order to be ranked in the guide.
Find the top Lawyer and Law Firms across USA 2020 in our e-Edition, now available to download per chapter.Download