The Risk Advisory Group is a leading global risk management consultancy specialising in the provision of in-depth due diligence, ESG intelligence, strategic intelligence, and litigation support. It helps businesses survive and thrive by equipping corporate decision makers and their advisors with the meticulously sourced local intelligence they need to solve problems, seize opportunities and ensure they are doing business with integrity.
Our company was founded in 1997, employs 100 people and has offices in London, Moscow, Hong Kong, Singapore, Dubai, New York, and Washington, DC. Our global team represents over 25 nationalities, speaks more than 45 languages in-house, and has conducted thousands of investigations in 150 countries over the last 25 years.
We offer a variety of services designed to help different corporate and legal functions make the right commercial decisions:
Disputes & Investigations
In a litigation and arbitration context, our work ranges from fact finding and gathering evidence to assist in building a case or establishing a claim, to working with counsel on specific issues during proceedings in support of the legal strategy, to identifying assets against which to enforce judgments or awards.
We also work with in-house legal and compliance teams who require investigative expertise and an independent perspective when reacting to issues that affect their organisation and situations that could develop into legal, reputational or commercial risks (for example allegations about potential misconduct, or bribery and corruption).
Integrity Due Diligence
The Risk Advisory Group helps legal and compliance teams evaluate and mitigate a broad spectrum of regulatory and reputational risks. Our Integrity Due Diligence services are designed for clients seeking true diligence – in-depth insights and analysis – on their counterparties, not just due diligence.
Typical scenarios include:
- Working with legal and compliance teams to evaluate JV partners, suppliers, agents or acquisition targets;
- Helping compliance teams respond to new sanctions;
- Completing diligence on acquisition targets for deal teams;
- Evaluating candidates for senior positions.
Designed for senior leaders facing high-stakes commercial decisions in uncertain environments, our Strategic Intelligence service adds an advisory focus to our in-country intelligence gathering.
Typical scenarios include:
- Helping M&A teams identify and evaluate acquisition targets;
- Working with bid teams to produce compelling proposals in major tender, licensing and privatisation processes;
- Advising corporate strategy teams considering entering new markets;
- Working with government affairs teams and business leaders during government negotiations.
Environmental, Social and Governance Intelligence
We access hard-to-find information to help our clients to understand and to mitigate global ESG issues. Our overarching goal is to bridge the gap between decision makers and those affected by their decisions, with a particular emphasis on complex international markets. Typical scenarios include:
- Working directly with investment teams to support deal diligence with ESG Intelligence and Human Rights Diligence and Impact Assessments;
- Assisting compliance and ESG officers in monitoring the activities under their purview;
- Engaging with communications and external PR teams to manage crises and organise responses to ESG issues: when sensitive ESG issues arise in the context of an ongoing project, we help our clients to understand and to mitigate them via a four-part process: investigation, stakeholder mapping, analysis and mitigation.
- Providing board-level intelligence to support strategic decision-making across the spectrum.
Tim Roberts, Director of Disputes & Investigations
Johan van Spengler, Associate Director, Disputes & Investigations
Hannah Gilkes, Director of ESG Intelligence
Chris Ferguson, Director of Strategic Intelligence
Huw Charles, Associate Director of Strategic Intelligence
Tim Stanley, Director of Asia Pacific
Steven Westervelt, Director
Steffi Probst, Director of Americas
Ariana Issa, Head of Europe, Middle East & North Africa
Dmitry Sachkov, Head of Russia, Eastern Europe & Eurasia
Chris Rowley, CEO