Lawyer profile for Asia-Pacific 2021
Chambers Research is conducted by 200 Research Analysts, across 200 jurisdictions and provides nearly 6,000 rankings tables. Annually we collect hundreds of thousands of responses from clients, the majority via in-depth interview. Learn more about our methodology.
Employment: Domestic - Singapore
This content is provided by Vivien Yui
Joint Head of the Employment Practice; Partner in the Mergers & Acquisitions, Business Establishment, Corporate Governance & Compliance and Private Equity Practices.
Admitted, 1997, Singapore; National University of Singapore (LL.B., Hons.).
Member, Law Society of Singapore; Singapore Academy of Law; Regional Committee Leadership, Asia & the Pacific, Employment Law Alliance.
- GlaxoSmithKline plc ("GSK"), as Singapore counsel, on corporate/commercial and employment matters in relation to GSK's three-part transaction with Novartis International AG ("Novartis") pursuant to which GSK acquired Novartis's global vaccines business (excluding influenza vaccines) for an initial cash consideration of US$5.25 billion. The deal was one of the winning deals in Asian-Mena Counsel Deals of the Year, 2015.
- ESR Funds Management (S) Limited (the manager of ESR-REIT), in the merger with Viva Industrial Trust by way of a trust scheme of arrangement. The merger values Viva Industrial Trust at S$936.7 million and creates Singapore's fourth largest industrial REIT with approximately S$3 billion in property assets. This deal won Best Singapore Deal at the FinanceAsia Awards 2018 and M&A Deal of the Year (Midsize) at the ALB SE Asia Law Awards, 2019.
- Clearbridge Health Limited ("CBH") in the acquisition of 49% of the issued and paid-up share capital of PT Tirta Medika Jaya ("TMJ") by Clearbridge Medical Asia Pte. Ltd., an indirect wholly-owned subsidiary of CBH, from Ark Investments (SG) Pte. Ltd. In connection with the Acquisition, CBMA also subscribed for an exchangeable bond issued by PT Genesis Kapital Investama, one of the shareholders of TMJ.
- Clearbridge BioMedics Pte. Ltd. in its S$6.6 million pre-IPO financing and the consolidation of its capital structure by converting all preferred shares and convertible securities to ordinary shares of Clearbridge BioMedics in preparation for the potential IPO.
- EFG BANK AG, Singapore Branch in the acquisition of BSI Bank Limited's Singapore private banking business. This follows the announcement on 22 February 2016 by EFG International and BSI Bank that EFG International will acquire BSI Bank to form one of the largest private banks in Switzerland with approximately CHF 170 billion in assets under management, for a purchase price of approximately CHF 1,328 million.
- Skyworks Solutions, Inc., in the labour and work visa matters in relation to its joint venture with Panasonic Corporation to design, develop and deliver high performance filters, including surface acoustic wave ("SAW") devices and temperature compensated SAW devices ("TC-SAW") and the acquisition by the joint venture of Panasonic Corporation's SAW and TC-SAW business in Singapore.
Ranked in Chambers – Employment: Domestic: Singapore