Provided by Selvamalar Alagaratnam
- Employment Disputes
- Employment Advisory and Compliance
- Employee Fraud Management and Investigations
- Medical Negligence
- Senior Co-Chair, International Bar Association’s Employment & Industrial Relations Law Committee
- General Secretary, Malaysian Society for Labour and Social Security Laws (local chapter of International Society for Labour and Social Security Laws)
- International Vice Chair, Outreach to International Lawyers Committee for American Bar Association Section of Labor and Employment
- Member, Bar Council’s Industrial and Employment Law Committee
- Member, Lawasia’s Labour Law Committee
Selvamalar is co-head of the firm's Employment practice. She provides integrated support to a wide range of clients in various industries on all employment/human resource related matters; managing the exit of employees whether by way of collective reduction in force exercises or individual terminations for misconduct or poor performance; protection of confidential and proprietary information; investigations and disciplinary actions; trade unions, both recognition and collective bargaining; dispute resolution at all levels and business immigration.
She also provides strategic advice in internal fraud management advising clients in high profile matters involving fraud perpetrated by employees; and the options available to the organisations to obtain redress against the wrongdoers.
Selvamalar Alagaratnam is a partner based in Kuala Lumpur. She is well respected for her experience working on employment issues such as restructuring exercises, unjust dismissals and pension benefits.
1 Contribution provided by Skrine