Provided by Jillian Chia
- Privacy and Data Protection
- Technology, Media and Telecommunications
- IP Registration and Prosecution
- Entertainment, Gaming and Media
- Advertising and Product Liability
- Committee Member, Licensing Executives Society Malaysia (LESM)
- Committee Member, Malaysian Bar Council’s Personal Data Protection Committee
Jillian leads the Privacy and Data Protection practice and is also part of the firm's TMT practice.
She focuses on advising local and multinational companies in respect of data protection and privacy issues. Jillian’s experience in this area includes reviewing and drafting of relevant documentation such as privacy policies, data processor agreements and data transfer agreements as well as undertaking comprehensive data protection exercises to bring her client’s internal practices, in line with the requirements of the privacy and data protection laws.
She is also well versed in the Technology, Media and Telecommunications industry and advises a wide range of global telecommunications and technology companies in respect of their investments and service offerings into Malaysia.
Her other areas of practice include intellectual property, online gaming and gambling. She also handles registration of industrial designs and general advisory work relating to intellectual property rights.
Jillian Chia is well placed to advise clients on telecommunications licensing, cloud services offerings and technology as well as media-related regulatory compliance in Malaysia.