Philip advises on all aspects of family law, with his primary focus on financial remedy work. With a reputation for being commercially minded and pragmatic he is regularly instructed in complex financial litigation, more often than not with an international dimension involving HNWIs. He advises on pre and post-nuptial agreements, separation agreements and cohabitation contracts. Philip has busy practice in pre/post-nuptial agreements, often with a foreign element working with overseas experts. Philip represented the successful husband in one of the early post Radmacher cases (V –v- V (Prenuptial Agreement)  1 FLR 1315). Philip also deals with disputes relating to children; principally schedule 1 and section 8 CA 1989 applications.
Cases of interest:
• MB-v-EB  EWHC 1649 (Fam);
• MA-H -v- ZS  EWHC 3271 (Fam);
• H -v- S (Recognition of Overseas Divorce)  EWHC B23 (Fam);
• V -v- V (Prenuptial Agreement)  EWHC 3230 (Fam);
• B -v- B (Ancillary Relief)  2 FLR 887;
• Judge -v- Judge  1 FLR 1287 CA;
• Corbett -v- Corbett  2 FLR 385 CA;
• Attar -v- Attar (No's 1 & 2)  FD 649 & 653.
Qualified 1985; James & Sarch 1983-2000; Payne Hicks Beach(Partner) 2000.