Provided by Eduardo Calderón
His expertise includes the practice areas of Business Law, Real Estate & Hospitality, Telecommunications, Media & Technology, and Private Equity & Venture Capital.
• New York State Bar Association: CoPresident of the International Section Costa Rica Chapter
• International Bar Association (IBA): Member
• British Costa Rican Chamber of Commerce (BritCham): Member
• Infocomunication and Technology Chamber of Costa Rica (INFOCOM) Member
• Fundación Yo Puedo, ¿Y Vos?: Founding member and First President
• Costa Rican Bar Association
Founding member and the first President of Fundación Yo Puedo, ¿y Vos? a nonprofit organization whose goals are to encourage, finance, and promote the educational and employment inclusion of people with Down syndrome in Central America.
He has frequently represented foreign banks in the region, as well as subscribers of sovereign bonds issued by the Costa Rican government in international markets. He is recognized by his clients as a strong negotiator, highly talented and efficient in his solutions, as well as great manager in the handling of work teams.
Industry Sector Expertise
In Real Estate & Hospitality, he has been involved in the development of the largest real estate projects in the coastal and urban areas of Costa Rica.
His experience in the area of Telecommunications, Media and Technology includes extensive knowledge of the applicable regulations, asset acquisition processes, financing of media, and resolution of sector disputes.
• Recognized in the practices of Real Estate, Corporate/M & A, and Telecommunications by Chambers & Partners
• Received as Highly Regarded Lawyer by IFLR 1000
• Registered as a Leading Lawyer by Who’s Who Legal
• Recognized as LACCA Approved by the inhouse lawyers consulted by the Latin American Corporate Counsel Association
Columbia Law School, United States
Central American Institute of Business Administration (INCAE), Costa Rica
Executive Program “Legal Aspects of International Businesses”
Universidad de Costa Rica
Stellar partner Eduardo Calderón is recognised by market commentators for his skill in this field and maintains a solid reputation within the Costa Rica TMT arena. He comes highly recommended by a client, who reports: "Eduardo Calderón is a great lawyer who has a very strong level of sophistication in his work." Another impressed observer adds: "He has a great understanding of the TMT sector in Costa Rica."
Well-known partner Eduardo Calderón is respected in the corporate and M&A domain and is endorsed by market commentators, with one client declaring: "Eduardo Calderón provides high-level insights and knowledge of the Central America region." Another respondent adds: "He is a good lawyer and has many contacts in other countries apart from Costa Rica."
Eduardo Calderón is a well-regarded practitioner in the Costa Rican real estate market. Market observers note: "Eduardo Calderón is great to work with, and amazes us with his ability and responsiveness."