Lawyer profile for USA 2021
Chambers Research is conducted by 200 Research Analysts, across 200 jurisdictions and provides nearly 6,000 rankings tables. Annually we collect hundreds of thousands of responses from clients, the majority via in-depth interview. Learn more about our methodology.
Cannabis Law: Western United States - USA - Nationwide
"He is a real stalwart of the industry. He has had such an immense impact on the industry." "Brian is the guiding voice of the firm and is very deserving of the highest accolade. His foresight and larger-scale decision-making have proved to be invaluable."
This content is provided by Brian Vicente
- Corporate & Business
- Government & Policy
VS founding partner Brian Vicente has been helping marijuana businesses obtain state and local licenses since the inception of the regulated cannabis industry — an industry he has played a significant role in shaping. Additionally, he advised national, state, and local government officials in developing regulated cannabis markets across the country and around the world, including in Uruguay, the first country in the world to legalize and regulate marijuana for adult use.
Brian was a lead drafter of Colorado's historic legalization initiative, Amendment 64, and he co-directed its' successful support campaign. Additionally, he served as chair of the Committee for Responsible Regulation, which coordinated the successful campaign to implement statewide excise and sales taxes on adult-use marijuana in Colorado.
- National Hispanic Cannabis Council
- Economic Development & Labor Committee, Gov. Jared Polis Transition Team, 2019
- Denver City Community Equity Committee
- Harm Reduction Action Coalition
- Sensible Colorado
- SAFER Voter Education Fund
- Colorado Amendment 64 Initiative
- National Cannabis Industry Association
- Colorado Department of Revenue Medical Marijuana Workgroup
- Drug Policy Project, Colorado Bar Association
- Denver Marijuana Policy Review Panel