UK Northern Ireland Employment
Up and Coming
- Craig PattersonPinsent Masons Belfast LLP
SAdam BrettLewis Silkin | Employment2024 | Senior Statespeople |Adam Brett represents clients in employment tribunal matters and also handles corporate advisory work. He has significant experience in the full range of employment law work for employers.
EAdrienne BrockElliott Duffy Garrett | Employment2024 | Eminent Practitioners |Adrienne Brock is managing partner and head of the employment practice at Elliott Duffy Garrett. She is a highly experienced and respected employment lawyer who handles contentious and non-contentious matters for a range of employer clients.
1Aisling ByrneA&L Goodbody | Employment2024 | Band 1 |Aisling Byrne regularly represents employers in employment disputes involving discrimination, whistle-blowing and unfair dismissal claims. She is additionally well placed to advise on non-contentious employment matters. 1Ciara FultonLewis Silkin | Employment2024 | Band 1 |Ciara Fulton handles TUPE matters and general employment advisory work, as well as disciplinary and grievance issues. She leads the employment team and is head of Lewis Silkin's Belfast office. 1Gareth WallsA&L Goodbody |2024 | Band 1 |Head of the employment team at A&L Goodbody, Gareth Walls has a broad practice, providing businesses with advice on their day-to-day operations as well as contentious issues relating to discrimination and harassment. 1Jan CunninghamMillar McCall Wylie | Employment2024 | Band 1 |Jan Cunningham leads the employment law practice at Millar McCall Wylie. He is highly regarded in the area, with a broad practice, and has a notable specialism in the sports sector. 1Julie Anne ClarkeElliott Duffy Garrett | Employment2024 | Band 1 |Julie Anne Clarke frequently advises on sensitive employment disputes as well as assisting with non-contentious matters. 1Orlagh O'NeillCarson McDowell | Employment2024 | Band 1 |Orlagh O'Neill heads the employment department at Carson McDowell. She stands out for her work on employment disputes and regularly assists clients with unfair dismissal and discrimination claims. 1Paul GillenLewis Silkin | Employment2024 | Band 1 |Paul Gillen has a wealth of experience assisting clients with a broad range of employment matters including TUPE and post-acquisition restructuring, in addition to day-to-day HR support. He is well placed to provide cross-jurisdiction advice across the UK and Ireland as he is tri-qualified. 1Rachel PennyCarson McDowell | Employment2024 | Band 1 |Rachel Penny frequently advises clients on a range of matters including industrial relations, disciplinary procedures and dismissals. 1Rosemary LundyArthur Cox |2024 | Band 1 |"Rosemary has shown great insight and knowledge in handling matters regarding employment law. Her advice is straightforward to understand and she is very meticulous in the discussion of strategy and the manner of moving the employment matter to completion."
- Louise McAloonWorthingtons | Employment2024 | Band 1
2John McShaneMcCartan Turkington Breen | Employment2024 | Band 2 |John McShane leads the employment practice at McCartan Turkington Breen and has extensive experience in employment litigation matters. He has particular expertise in holiday pay and wage deduction cases. 2Kiera LeeMills Selig | Employment2024 | Band 2 |Kiera Lee heads the employment team at Mills Selig and is a highly experienced employment law specialist with a broad practice acting for employers. She handles day-to-day employment matters as well as restructurings, redundancy programmes and TUPE issues. 2Michael BlackCleaver Fulton Rankin |2024 | Band 2 |"Michael is a very safe pair of hands and it gives us confidence to know that he will respond quickly and extremely knowledgeably to any employment-related matter which might arise." 2Patricia RooneyTughans | Employment2024 | Band 2 |"Patricia is an excellent legal representative who understands our business and industry. She understands the questions we seek advice on and talks us through the possible solutions and helps us work through the solution to completion."
- Rosemary ConnollyRosemary Connolly Solicitors | Employment2024 | Band 2
3Niall McMullanEdwards & Co | Employment2024 | Band 3 |Niall McMullan is an employment partner at Edwards & Co with experience acting for both employees and employers in contentious and non-contentious matters. His expertise spans unfair dismissal and discrimination claims to TUPE and due diligence of commercial transactions. 3Shirley BlairA&L Goodbody | Employment2024 | Band 3 |"Shirley is the best employment solicitor. She takes the pain out of difficult situations and helps identify the best way forward for our business."
- Leeanne ArmstrongTLT NI LLP | Employment2024 | Band 3
- Paul UpsonNapier Solicitors | Employment2024 | Band 3
- Rachel RichardsonDWF | Employment2024 | Band 3
- Seamus McGranaghanO'Reilly Stewart | Employment2024 | Band 3
Up and Coming
UChristopher FullertonArthur Cox | Employment2024 | Up and Coming |Christopher Fullerton specialises in non-contentious matters, including contracts and incentive plans, as well as TUPE and wider employment aspects of commercial transactions. He has additional strengths in handling disputes. USarah CochraneCarson McDowell | Employment2024 | Up and Coming |Sarah Cochrane is involved in many of the Carson McDowell team's most significant matters. She has impressive knowledge of industrial tribunal and Fair Employment Tribunal claims.
- Ian McFarlandEversheds Sutherland | Employment2024 | Up and Coming
- Toni Fitzgerald-GunnWorthingtons | Employment2024 | Up and Coming
- Craig PattersonPinsent Masons Belfast LLP | Employment2024 | Star Associates
Associates to watch
- David MitchellMillar McCall Wylie | Employment2024 | Associates to watch |David Mitchell is an associate in the employment practice with an impressive level of experience in employment litigation, including unfair dismissal and discrimination claims. He has further strength in advising clients on a range of non-contentious matters, including reviewing contracts, policies and commercial agreements.
- Kevin GallagherLewis Silkin | Employment2024 | Associates to watch |Belfast-based Kevin Gallagher is a senior associate in the employment practice at Lewis Silkin. He handles employment litigation matters for prominent employers and also handles advisory work.
- Nathan CampbellCleaver Fulton Rankin | Employment2024 | Associates to watch |Nathan Campbell is an associate in the employment team with experience spanning the public, private and third sectors. He is capable of advising on a host of contentious and non-contentious matters from drafting and reviewing contracts and policies to senior exits and grievance processes.
- Katie BuchananWorthingtons | Employment2024 | Associates to watch