Lawyer profile for UK 2022
Chambers Research is conducted by 200 Research Analysts, across 200 jurisdictions and provides nearly 6,000 rankings tables. Annually we collect hundreds of thousands of responses from clients, the majority via in-depth interview. Learn more about our methodology.
Private Equity: Buyouts - UK-wide
"Richard is uniquely commercial and balanced in his judgement, and he marries that with a super in-depth knowledge."
This content is provided by Richard Youle
Richard Youle is co-head of Skadden’s Private Equity Group. He focuses on private equity matters, including advising private equity houses and financial sponsor clients on all types of leveraged M&A and portfolio assistance, such as restructuring advice.
Mr. Youle’s significant experience includes representing:
- Coty Inc. in its strategic partnership with KKR & Co. Inc. including the carveout sale of 60% of its professional beauty and retail hair businesses to KKR with an enterprise value of US$4.3 billion;
- funds advised by Castik Capital in: the acquisition of Element Logic; the acquisition of Customs Support Group B.V. (CSG) from Mentha Capital B.V. and Oscar Driessen, the founder of CSG; CPA Global’s $6.8 billion all-stock combination with Clarivate plc; the sale of its stake in Waterlogic Holdings Limited to a new single asset fund, EPIC I-b; and the acquisition of AddSecure from Arby Partners;
- Transaction Services Group (TSG) in Calera Capital’s sale of a majority stake in TSG to Advent International Corporation;
- H.I.G. Capital in its acquisition of the plumbing and heating division of Travis Perkins plc;
- Hg in a number of matters, including: its acquisition of Riskalyze, Inc.; its investment in Managed Markets Insights & Technology, LLC; its investment, alongside TA Associates, in Insight Software; its investment in Dext; in its acquisition of a controlling interest in Trackunit from Goldman Sachs Asset Management and Gro Capital; in its sale of Mitratech to Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan Board, and on the terms of its continued minority investment in Mitratech; in its investment in Hyperion Insurance Group Limited; among many others.
- funds managed by I Square Capital Advisors, LLC, along with TDR Capital LLP, in the US$3.1 billion acquisition of Aggreko plc.