Lawyer profile for UK 2022
Chambers Research is conducted by 200 Research Analysts, across 200 jurisdictions and provides nearly 6,000 rankings tables. Annually we collect hundreds of thousands of responses from clients, the majority via in-depth interview. Learn more about our methodology.
Employee Share Schemes & Incentives - UK-wide
"She is intelligent, thorough, and very commercial and sensible about what the goal is and how you get there." "She is responsive, she knows her area well and she is pragmatic."
This content is provided by Louise Batty
Ms. Batty has over a decade of transactional and advisory experience in relation to remuneration and equity incentive arrangements. She has a significant background in advising on the design, implementation and operation of incentive and remuneration plans for companies, and on the global operation of equity arrangements, advising clients across all sectors and at all stages of development, from listed companies to start-ups. Ms. Batty advises target companies and acquirers regarding the impact of corporate events on remuneration and incentive arrangements, with a detailed understanding of corporate transactions and their relation to incentives. She also has acted as strategic adviser on governance and regulatory issues, including remuneration structure, compliance with governance and regulatory standards, and on high-profile senior personnel matters (e.g., executive appointments and departures).
Since joining Skadden, Ms. Batty’s experience includes representing:
- Netflix, Inc. in its acquisition of The Roald Dahl Story Company Limited, which manages the literary works, copyrights and trademarks of author Roald Dahl;
- CPI International, Inc., a portfolio company of Odyssey Investment Partners, LLC, in its acquisition of TMD Technologies Ltd;
- Alussa Energy Acquisition Corp. in its merger with FREYR AS, the first-ever Nordic de-SPAC. As a result of the merger, FREYR will become a publicly traded company;
- Barilla Iniziative S.p.A. in its acquisition of Pasta Evangelists Limited;
- a bank consortium consisting of BNP Paribas, BNY Mellon, Citigroup Inc. and Goldman Sachs on their Series B investment in blockchain market infrastructure platform HQLAx;
- Electronic Arts Inc. on the employment aspects of its $1.2 billion acquisition of Codemasters Group Holdings plc. and the impact of the offer on the Codemasters incentive and remuneration arrangements;
- Zuber and Mohsin Issa, owners of EG Group, and TDR Capital LLP in their acquisition of a majority stake in ASDA Group Limited from Walmart Inc.