Provided by Pete Coulton
Mr. Coulton represents private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies, corporate borrowers, banks and alternative lenders on complex multijurisdictional financings across all tiers of the capital structure, including senior and second lien facilities, unitranche facilities, holdco PIK facilities, capital call facilities, real estate finance, and distressed financings and workouts.
Representative transactions include representing:
- Adevinta ASA in connection with the financing of its $9.2 billion acquisition of eBay’s classifieds business;
- Arrow Global in connection with various financings for its first pan-European NPL Fund, the Arrow Credit Opportunities Fund;
- Castik Capital in financing its acquisition of majority stakes in ipan and Delegate; and its acquisition of AddSecure; and AddSecure in financing its subsequent acquisitions of Connexas Group, iZafe, Navkonzept, Stella Safety Phones and Dualtech IT;
- the Ferrero Group and related investment vehicles in financing the acquisition of Ferrara Candy Company; its $2.8 billion acquisition of Nestlé’s U.S. confectionary assets and related intellectual property; the acquisition of Kelsen Group AS from Campbell Soup Company; the acquisition of Fox’s Biscuits Limited; and in connection with a €1.5 billion margin loan facility;
- F.I.L.A. – Fabbrica Italiana Lapis ed Affini SpA in financing its acquisition of Daler-Rowney, and; its acquisition of the fine arts business operated by AhlstromMunksjö Group under the ARCHES brand;
- DH Private Equity Partners in connection with the financing of a number of its portfolio companies, including ASCO Group, Zobele, KP1, TMF, Moeller, Equity Trust, Norit, Balta, Tumi, TV3 Ireland and Saft Industries; and in the refinancing of, and exit from, most of these investments.
Pete Coulton is noted for his representation of private equity sponsors on big-ticket financings. He has experience of acquisition and leveraged finance matters and is also adept at advising on property finance.
"Pete Coulton was brilliant. He proved to be very strong, the kind of professional you want to have on your side in complex transactions."