Lawyer profile for Asia-Pacific 2022
Chambers Research is conducted by 200 Research Analysts, across 200 jurisdictions and provides nearly 6,000 rankings tables. Annually we collect hundreds of thousands of responses from clients, the majority via in-depth interview. Learn more about our methodology.
Investment Funds: Registered Foreign Lawyers - Japan
This content is provided by David Azcue
David Azcue is a Partner in Simpson Thacher's Tokyo office, and co-heads the Firm's Private Funds Practice in Japan. He joined the Firm in 2006 and has spent 14 years in the Firm’s Tokyo office and 2 years in the Firm’s Beijing office. David’s practice focuses on advising fund sponsors in connection with all aspects of fundraising across a broad range of strategies. He also advises sponsors on structuring, financing, operations, and other related matters. He represented many of the leading sponsors and asset managers in Japan and across Asia.
- New York State Bar Association
- Dai-ichi Tokyo Bar Association
- Chambers and Partners Global Practice Guide: Alternative Funds (Japan)–Trends and Developments 2020 and 2021 editions (2020 ed. co-author with Lily Rasel)
- Chambers and Partners Global Practice Guide: Alternative Funds (Japan) – Law and Practice 2020 ed. (co-author with Keiko Shimizu and Koichiro Yoshimura) and 2021 ed. (co-author with Keiko Shimizu, Koichiro Yoshimura and Lily Rasel)
- Global Legal Insights, Fund Finance 2017 – Japan chapter (co-author with Makiko Harunari and Adam Furber)
BA, University of Pennsylvania; JD, University of Michigan Law School. Fluent in Japanese and proficient in Mandarin Chinese.
Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP