Provided by Cynthia A Nicholson
Practice centers on oil and gas transactions within Louisiana and on the Outer Continental Shelf (OCS). Regularly documents and negotiates acquisitions and divestitures of onshore and offshore properties; extensive experience with transaction structures including mergers, asset and stock acquisitions and sales. Counsels clients on regulatory issues including those arising under OCS regulations. Advises clients on mineral leases, operating agreements, participation agreements, unitization agreements, servitude agreements and other agreements.
Analyzes and reviews complex land and leasehold titles. Has rendered hundreds of title opinions based on examination of complex petroleum titles and assists clients in the financing of such onshore and offshore properties. Represents clients before the U.S. Department of Interior’s Bureau of Ocean Energy Management (BOEM) and Bureau of Safety and Environmental Enforcement (BSEE). Assists clients in obtaining mineral leases and rights-of-way on the OCS and in the creation of units approved by the BSEE.
• Chambers USA - Energy & Natural Resources: Oil & Gas
• Best Lawyers in America, Energy Law and Oil and Gas Law
• Louisiana Super Lawyers, Energy & Natural Resources
• New Orleans Magazine Top Lawyers - Energy Law and Oil and Gas Law
• Special Award by Petroleum Landmen's Association of New Orleans (2016)