Provided by Candy Stockton
Candy specialises in resolving disputes in relation to wills, estates and trusts. She works with Beneficiaries, Executors and Trustees (including professional Executors/Trustees) in order to resolve disputes as quickly and efficiently as possible, with a view to minimising costs. She uses alternative dispute resolution methods, such as mediation, wherever possible, to resolve matters in a more timely and cost effective manner. Her experience includes:
- Claims against estates or trusts by disappointed Beneficiaries;
- Challenges to the validity of Wills;
- Disputes between Executors, Trustees, and Beneficiaries;
- Removal of Executors;
- Disputes about the interpretation of Wills;
- Disputes about Estate or Trust assets or their distribution;
- Guidance for Trustees or Executors about their obligations;
- Claims against professional advisors;
- Disputes over property ownership (where a trust has arisen);
- Disputes involving the actions or removal of Attorneys;
- Disputed deputyships.
High Net Worth
Candy Stockton is extremely well regarded for her expertise in disputes matters. A source explains: "She is very professional while at the same time empathetic. Her ability to grasp the situation and respond in a decisive way is very impressive." Another interviewee notes that "her depth and breadth of knowledge of contentious wills and dispute resolution is second to none."