This content is provided by VILAF.
The Corporate Team of 51 lawyers has handled some of Vietnam's largest and most complex M&A and restructuring transactions. The corporate team also advises on equitization, commercial contracts, antitrust, energy, direct investment, financial institutions, funds, insurance, private equity, and life sciences. As the largest corporate team in the country, the team is also well capable of assisting multinational clients on all operational corporate matters.
VILAF has recently acted as local counsel in the following high-profile deals:
- Advised ANZ in the sale of its retail banking business in Vietnam to Shinhan Bank, involving 125,000 customer accounts with AUD$320 million in lending assets and AUD$800 million in deposits
- Advised BOC(HK) in the acquisition of the branch assets of Bank of China Ho Chi Minh City branch
- Advised VIB Bank in the acquisition of the branch assets of Commonwealth Bank of Australia in Vietnam
- Advised Credit Saison, a major Japanese credit finance company, in its acquisition of 49% of the equity interest in HD Finance
- Advised Shinsei Bank in the acquisition of joint venture equity interests in MCredit Finance
- Advised Shinhan Card in the acquisition of all equity interests in Prudential Finance Vietnam
- Advised Joint Stock Commercial Bank for Investment and Development of Vietnam (BIDV) in the buyout of its 50% capital interest in VID Public Bank by Public Bank Berhad (Malaysia) amounting to US$62.5 million
CapitaLand, Vingroup, Shinsei Bank Limited
Philip Morris, JX Nippon Oil & Energy Corporation
SCG, Hoa Lam, Mondelez International, Sumitomo Corporation