This content is provided by AraqueReyna.
Arbitration and Litigation are key areas of practice of the firm. Their members act as counsels for defendants or plaintiffs in a great variety of litigation cases and arbitration procedures. Some of the most important cases over the last year include:
- Leading the Arbitral Tribunal in a very complex dispute between a construction contractor and the government of a Central American country with regards to the scope and price of the contract. Mr. Araque is currently the President of the Arbitral Tribunal.
- A complex litigation of several companies regarding the control of a holding shareholders rights, worth US$50 Million.
- An insurance arbitration regarding complex issues of jurisdiction and liability.
- Representing an oil gas client in US$ 14 million4MM arbitration (ICC) related to an alleged breach of contract. The dispute involves projects matters as well as currency exchange issues.
- Representing a renowned client within the automotive sector in arbitration (CACC) related to an alleged breach of contract. The dispute involves real state matters as well as complex currency exchange issues.
- Representing a leading construction company against another important international construction company regarding a contractual liability, worth around US$15 million.
Duro Felguera (Consorcio El Sitio)
Felguera Parques y Minas S.A.
General Motors Venezolana
GOL Linhas aéreas
Industrias Alimenticias Hermo de Venezuela
Philip Morris Products S.A
Telefónica de Venezuela
Automobiles & Parts
Construction & Materials
Consumer Product Manufacturing
Food & Drink Producers
Forestry & Paper
Pharmaceuticals & Life Sciences
Private Clients / Individuals
Real Estate Finance
Software & Computer Services
Technology, Hardware & Electronics