Factor is the market leader in Integrated Law. Factor works alongside corporate legal departments and law firms to solve the ever-increasing demands and complexity of transactional legal work like contracting. With 10+ years of focused experience, Factor defines a new market category integrating the expertise of Traditional Law, and the efficiency of New Law with the close business understanding and alignment of In-house legal. Factor provides technology-enabled services to the world’s most sophisticated legal clients across Banking, Technology, Life Sciences & Enterprise, delivering the market’s largest portfolio of complex legal work at scale.
Solving for the biggest gap and customer needs in today's fragmented legal market.
High-performance contracting enables the clients' legal and commercial teams to contract faster and smarter. Factor seamlessly integrates with in-house teams, technology, and counterparties, delivering services across the full contracting life-cycle, including:
- Intake and triage
- Drafting, reviewing, and redlining
- Complex negotiation
- Data capture and maintenance
Repapering & Regulatory Response:
The firm helps clients meet regulatory change deadlines by designing and deploying tech-enabled solutions, overseen by expert project managers to handle:
- Contract Analysis
- Client counterparty outreach
- Protocol-driven and bilateral negotiations
- Data transfer of remediated documentation
Working under tight deadlines and regulatory scrutinyleaves no room for error. Having completed 100+ complex contract review and remediation projects over the last decade, Factor has narrowly focused its investments (in technology, tools, and methodologies)with the aim of being the best in the world in regulatory response and remediation.
Legal Transaction Optimisation:
Factor combines the agility, expertise, and know-how to work seamlessly with law firms to manage transactions smoothly, offering the best of both worlds: law firm advice where clients need it, efficiency, and velocity to scale deal flow where clients want it.
By unbundling transactional tasks from legal advice, law firm juniors billing at high ratesare replaced with tech-enabled teamsspecializedin producing better output. Unbundling means law firms win more advisory work and clients get better value.
- Serial transactions (adhering to a templated framework such as templated fund transactions or loan note issuances)
- Deal flow monitoring
- Checklist management
- Assembly and cataloging of deal documents
People's unique businesses need unique solutions. With Factor Solution Consulting, clients benefit from more than a decade of experience in the trenches with some of the world’s leading companies. The firm's experienced consultants customize those practices to the client's environment and help them achieve lasting change.
The firm delivers a comprehensive understanding of legal technology, process improvement, and legal substantive challenges to your teams that will enhance your legal function. Oh, and by the way, rather than just delivering a plan and walking away, Factor often takes ownership of implementing its recommendations.
- Varun Mehta, President & Chief Executive Officer
- John Dillon, Chief Financial Officer
- Sandy Devine, EVP, Chief Commercial Officer
- Sumera Hassan, SVP, Head of People
- Ed Sohn, SVP, Global Head of Capabilities
- Chris DeConti, EVP, Head of Strategy
Board of Directors:
- Varun Mehta, Chief Executive Officer
- Mark Harris, Board Chair - CEO of Knowable, Co-founder and ex-CEO of Axiom Law
- Andrew Ballheimer - Former Global Managing Partner of Allen & Overy
- Carol Lindstrom - Previously Vice Chair at Deloitte
- Jim Madden - Co-founder and MD, Carrick Capital
With an industry-leading executive team and over 600 lawyers, contract experts, technologists, and process consultants, Factor operates from New York, Chicago, London, Belfast, and Wroclaw.