Provided by Stephen Morris
Steve is an experienced Commercial Real Estate Partner with considerable expertise in large-scale real estate projects encompassing elements of structuring, finance, planning and procurement.
Leading?a team on some of the largest, highest profile property deals around the UK, Steve’s clients include?major local and national developers, investors with portfolio management needs, technology giants, financiers, public and third sector.
- Commercial property deals and transactions – acquisitions and disposals of freehold and leasehold land, landlord and tenant, placing of security, securitization of assets
- Real estate development projects – from site assembly to land acquisition, site due diligence, procurement, finance and advice on planning applications and appeals
- Experience in complex land assembly and split financing projects
- Property finance – negotiation of forward funding and property development finance agreements, drafting of security agreements, collateral guarantees, and complex facility arrangements
- Planning – from assessment of the site and application process through to negotiation and drafting of detailed planning agreements (including viability and affordable housing delivery) with advice on divergences between England and Wales in statute and policy
- Insolvency and effect on ownership of property – protecting tenanted properties
Stephen Morris advises both residential and commercial developers on major real estate projects in Wales and around the UK. He also has notable expertise in handling the sale of investment portfolios.
"Stephen is very knowledgeable and knows our business."