Provided by Paul Gilroy KC
• Successful £2.3m EFL arbitration claim (and defence of appeal) on behalf of Championship player (Keogh v Derby County FC).
• Ongoing PLMAT claim against PL club.
• Defending claim against Premier League player’s image rights company.
• Advising Technical Director on terms of departure from Premier League club.
• Defending Premier League club against 7 figure claim by agent re: player transfer.
• Retained as expert witness in CAS challenge against UEFA decision.
• Advising elite Team GB athletics coach on suspension, jeopardising attendance at Tokyo Olympics.
• Chair of investigation re: para athlete (UK Sport).
• Advising Premier League Manager on contract extension.
• Acting for multiple claimants in High Court “fire and re-hire” challenge to national supermarket’s threatened removal of contractual benefit (USDAW v Tesco).
• Secured £3.2m settlement for disability discrimination claimant after successful multiple day hearing.
• Successful defence of claim against Purplebricks, estate agency. Claimant seeking to challenge client’s business model by establishing “worker” status.
• Instructed on behalf of 2 directors of multi-national company in multi-million dismissal-related claims before the LCIA.
• Retained by national company to advise on furlough scheme.
• Advising high profile personality on successful defence of potentially high profile sexual harassment claim.
1985 Call. QC 2006.
Part time Employment Judge (2000).
• Athlete Selection & Eligibility
• Employment & Discrimination
• Integrity & Discipline, and
• Paralympic and Disability Thematic Arbitration Panels of Sport Resolutions.
FA Judicial Panel Specialist Member.
FA Judicial Appeal Board Specialist Member.
Paul Gilroy KC
Paul Gilroy KC is an impressive barrister who specialises in employment-related disputes, with highly praised expertise in cases involving football managers. He has also been involved in cases within rugby, swimming and boxing.
"He is astute, user-friendly and a fantastic cross-examiner."
Represented Richard Keogh in an appeal and arbitration claim arising from his wrongful dismissal from Derby County FC.