Lawyer profile for Europe 2021
Chambers Research is conducted by 200 Research Analysts, across 200 jurisdictions and provides nearly 6,000 rankings tables. Annually we collect hundreds of thousands of responses from clients, the majority via in-depth interview. Learn more about our methodology.
Real Estate - Romania
This content is provided by Oana Bădărău
Real Estate Projects & Infrastructure Corporate M&A
With a significant experience in landmark transactions and projects, Oana Bădărău is Partner and Head of Real Estate & PPP at PeliPartners, coordinating the practice that gathers one of the largest and most experienced real estate legal teams in Romania.
Oana’s expertise covers all matters related to the real estate industry and includes transactions, development and financing of projects, land acquisition, leasing, urban planning etc., in all types of real estate projects, from office buildings, retail centres, logistics parks to residential and hospitality businesses. Oana advises regularly on construction law, including by providing legal assistance on FIDIC forms and FIDIC adjudication/arbitration.
Oana is also involved in dispute resolution, providing legal advice in respect of various real estate matters and assisting clients in judiciary and extra judiciary settlements.
Her background includes advising on infrastructure projects, public procurement procedures and concession agreements, as well as on various real estate matters related to the development of renewable projects.
"Romania’s Real Estate – Old and New Challenges in Transactions" - CEE Legal Matters (2020);
"Women in Real Estate" - ISSUU (2020);
"It's time to ask ourselves what contracts we actually have in our drawers" - Ziarul Financiar (2020);
"Commercial contracts - a look to the future" - Hotnews (2020);
Interview - "Signing documents when working from home" - Wall-Street (2020);
Interview - "Record fine in the real estate industry" - Profit (2019);
“From the appeal in the interest of the law to the demolition of buildings” – Wall–Street.ro (2019);
“Main permits required for operating retail centers” – Arena Construcţiilor (2019);
“The information we receive from the market indicate that the office buildings transactions trend will continue” – Wall-Street.ro (2019)
▪ assisting Skanska on various matters related to the development, leasing and
divestment of four office projects in Romania;
▪ assisting Forte Partners in the leasing and sale of The Bridge to Dedeman, in a
transaction in excess of EUR 200 million;
▪ assisting Kingfisher in relation to the acquisition of the Romanian operations
of two major home improvement and DIY chains in Romania
(Praktiker and Bricostore);
▪ assisting AFI Europe in the acquisition of 75% of the participation in “Casa
▪ assisting Portland in connection to the leasing and sale of Floreasca Park
office project and Bucharest West light industrial park;
▪ assisting Piraeus Bank in relation to the leasing and sale of The Landmark
▪ assisting Argo Real Estate in relation to the exit from Sibiu Shopping City by
way of share deal to NEPI in a EUR 100 million transaction;
▪ assisting Globe Trade Centre in the acquisition of Premium Plaza and Premium
Point office buildings from Immigon group;
▪ assisting the winning consortium composed of Vinci and Aktor, two major
European infrastructure companies, regarding the public
procurement procedure for the award of the construction and
operation contract for the Comarnic-Brasov motorway;
▪ assisting an international real estate developer in relation to the termination
of a 1987 FIDIC Red Book based contract and in the arbitration
proceedings with the former general contractor.