Provided by Neil Swift
Neil has over 25 years of experience advising individual and corporate clients concerned with investigations by law enforcement and regulatory authorities, both domestic and overseas.
Neil advises individual and corporate clients on investigation, prosecution and enforcement action taken by the Serious Fraud Office, Financial Conduct Authority and HM Revenue & Customs. He has wide experience advising key participants in high-profile and international financial crime and corruption cases, often as part of multi-disciplinary and multi-jurisdictional teams.
His advice is frequently sought at an early stage, and he has extensive experience counselling individuals during internal investigations being carried out by their employer. He also advises individuals who are or may be the subject of Interpol notices or extradition proceedings arising from investigations overseas.
Neil is a Partner at Peters & Peters. He trained at the firm, qualifying into the Business Crime & Investigations department.
• European Criminal Bar Association – treasurer
• European Fraud and Compliance Lawyers – board member
• IBA Anti-Corruption Committee
• Fraud Lawyers Association
Neil was a contributing author to Blackstone's Guide to the Bribery Act 2010 and is also a frequent speaker, writer and commentator on fraud, corporate crime, corruption and money laundering.
He is the author and co-author of numerous articles, including:
• "Whistleblowing: the need for change” Business Reporter – June 2023
• "Coming Soon to the UK: Sweeping Corporate Criminal Liability Reforms?” Corporate Compliance Insights - March 2023
• "Crypto regulation – where are we now? Business Reporter – March 2023
• A high-profile entrepreneur, in relation to a prosecution for tax fraud
• A very successful professional gambler in connection with an active money laundering investigation
• The global head of a speciality trading desk at a multinational investment bank, in relation to an internal investigation
• The former Chairman of a world leading company, targeted with criminal investigation as part of a corporate raider attack
• A former director of Serco prosecuted by the SFO for fraud
• The founder of a very successful global investment firm on allegations of corruption by a former employer
• The founder of a boutique advisory investment firm on receipt of monies suspected to be the proceeds of crime
• A prolific day trader prosecuted by the FCA for insider dealing
• A high profile entrepreneur charged with eight offences of evading c.£22 million in VAT
Industry Sector Expertise
• Business Crime & Investigations
• Bribery & Corruption
• Criminal Fraud
• Money Laundering
• Tax Investigations & Prosecutions
Expert in these Jurisdictions
Neil acts for clients all over the world.