Lawyer profile for Global 2021
Chambers Research is conducted by 200 Research Analysts, across 200 jurisdictions and provides nearly 6,000 rankings tables. Annually we collect hundreds of thousands of responses from clients, the majority via in-depth interview. Learn more about our methodology.
General Business Law - Togo
This content is provided by Martial Koffi Akakpo
- Member of Lomé Bar Association since 1988;
- Doctoral degree from Nice Cote d’Azur University;
- Executive master degree in Business Finance and Capital Market from Sciences-Po
- Post-Graduate Degree in International Business Litigation from Paris – Est Créteil Val
de Marne University (Paris 12);
- Specialized in development of project investment and financing laws, in energy,
railway and port infrastructure in Togo and West Africa;
- Counsel of parties in international arbitrations or as arbitrator appointed by the
Common Court of Justice and Arbitration of OHADA (CCJA) in Abidjan, and other
- Member of International Chamber of Commerce’s Arbitration Court in Paris;
- Member of the Permanent Court of Arbitration (La Haye);
- Lecturer at: "Ecole Régionale Supérieure de Magistrature de l’OHADA" , Paris-Est
Créteil University , PARIS II Pantheon Assas University, PARIS 12 Marne-la-vallée
University, Evry Paris-Saclay University, EDGE Institute of Senegal.
“La protection de la partie faible dans l’arbitrage OHADA”, Martial Koffi AKAKPO, Harmattan, 2017.
“ Vingt ans d’arbitrage OHADA: bilan et prespectives”, Martial AKAKPO and others, LexisNexis, 2019.
-“Arbitrage CCJA: l’ordre public international ne peut pas tout”, Martial AKAKPO and other, on Kluwer Arbitration Blog.