I was admitted as a solicitor in 1994 after studying law at Cambridge University and have practised family law ever since. I now specialise in children law with a caseload consisting of public and private law children disputes, and adoption and surrogacy applications
I also represent family members in legal cases and am the managing partner of David Gray Solicitors LLP with responsibility for the strategic planning and operational running of the firm.
I have represented children, parents, step-parents and adopters in adoption cases and have a thorough understanding of this complex area of law. I have spent many years representing people experiencing domestic abuse and I am very sensitive to the issues involved. In April 2019 I give evidence to UK Parliament on the Draft Domestic Abuse Bill Committee in The House of Commons.
As a Higher Rights Advocate, I enjoy representing my clients in all levels of the family court. I take time to listen to what is important for my clients and do my best to use the law to help them achieve their aims. I know the law can sound complicated and I try to explain things in a way that people can understand easily. I know that having a family legal problem is very stressful and I try to make things as easy as I can for my clients.
I am an accredited arbitrator (children’s issues) and member of the Institute of Family Law arbitrators.
I hold the following accreditations and memberships :
- Elected national committee member of Resolution which represents over 6000 family justice professionals throughout the country who are committed to the constructive resolution of family disputes
- Co-chair of the Resolution legal aid committee.
- Member of the Association of Lawyers for Children
- Accredited as a member of the Law Society Family Panel and the Children Panel
- Accredited by Resolution as a specialist lawyer in the areas of private children law and domestic abuse