Elizabeth Spencer represents clients on a broad range of U.K. and international tax matters. She has experience across the full spectrum of international corporate, capital markets and fund matters, and regularly advises on mergers and acquisitions, internal restructurings, debt and equity issuances, as well as the establishment of fund structures.
Her recent transaction highlights include advising:
- Noble Corporation plc and its subsidiaries on a restructuring of their debt in a Chapter 11 case in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Texas;
- Arrow Global Group plc on the establishment of its new fund management business and the successful launch of its new pan-European nonperforming loans fund, Arrow Credit Opportunities SCSp, reaching aggregate commitments of €1.5 billion;
- Ashtead Group plc on the establishment of a £500 million euro commercial paper programme;
- Phoenix Group Holdings plc on its US$4.1 billion acquisition of ReAssure Group plc from Swiss Re AG;
- Pret A Manger (Europe) Ltd, a portfolio company of JAB Holding Company LLC, on its acquisition of EAT Limited;
- Liberty Mutual Insurance Company on the sale of its Pembroke Managing Agency Limited, Ironshore Europe DA.