Provided by Alex Jupp
Alex Jupp’s practice covers a broad range of U.K. and cross-border tax matters, with a particular focus on the tax aspects of corporate acquisitions, financings and restructurings, group structure planning, corporate relocations, and asset management structures, and resolution of disputes on related matters.
Mr. Jupp has represented a wide variety of clients in transactional and non-transactional planning, including in:
- redomiciliation and inversion transactions and other public takeover offers;
- acquisitions and follow-up integrations of strategic targets and businesses within large multinational groups;
- restructurings and capital raising for investment banking and asset management groups, including by way of ICOs;
- the design and implementation of asset or multinational corporation group holding structures;
- structuring and setting-up U.K. operations and spin-outs for U.K. and non-U.K.-based enterprises and individuals;
- designing and implementing global management equity plans and advising on U.K. tax aspects of U.S. equity plans;
- initial and follow-on offerings of equity, debt and hybrid instruments;
- the formation and operation of funds and advisory/management businesses and the investments made by those funds in traditional and crypto/fintech asset classes;
- structuring for real estate investment in the U.K. and beyond;
- dispute and pre-dispute cases, particularly on diverted profits tax, transfer pricing matters, cross-border financings and investment structures.
Mr. Jupp chairs the British branch of the International Fiscal Association (IFA). He was the branch’s secretary from 2016-19, as well as U.K. branch reporter and an organising committee member for the IFA’s 2013 and 2019 global congresses, respectively. He also is a member of the Tax Law Committee and the Income Tax Subcommittee of the Law Society of England and Wales, and was a member of Working Group 2 within the HM Revenue and Customs’ modernisation project on the taxation of corporate debt and derivative contracts.
Alex Jupp provides extensive guidance on the tax structuring aspects of joint ventures and M&A. He frequently advises clients on their most complex and high-value transactions.
"He is clever and quick, making him a pleasure to work with." "He has a good understanding of the business and can assimilate a lot of information very quickly."