Provided by Bárbara Bassani
Insurance & Reinsurance
Partner Bárbara has over ten years of experience assisting insurance and reinsurance companies, (re)insurance brokers and other clients with regulatory matters involving SUSEP (Superintendence of Private Insurance), strategic agreements, loss adjustment, strategic litigation, administrative litigation involving SUSEP and consultancy matters. She frequently conducts workshops for insurance and reinsurance companies and teaches at higher-education institutions. She has authored several articles and books on the subject, including the books ”As Polêmicas que Permeiam o Seguro de Responsabilidade Civil e a Busca por uma Solução” and “Seguros: Beneficiários e suas Implicações” of her exclusive authorship.
- Member of AIDA (International Insurance Law Association) since 2012, serving as President of the Young Lawyer Committee of AIDA Brazil and Secretary-General of the National Working Group on Civil Law of AIDA Brazil.
- Professor of Insurance Regulatory Law in the Legal Management MBA program at Escola Nacional de Seguros (Funenseg).
- Professor of Insurance Regulatory Environment in the Insurance Regulatory specialization program at Universidade Positivo in Curitiba.
- As Polêmicas que Permeiam o Seguro de Responsabilidade Civil e a Busca por uma Solução. São Paulo: Editora Roncarati, 2019.
- "LGPD e (Re) Seguros" article (co-author). In Revista Opinião.Seg. São Paulo: Editora Roncarati, 2019.
Up-and-coming Bárbara Bassani exhibits great expertise in regulatory and contentious insurance issues, and represents a diverse clientele. One client appreciates that she is "talented, dedicated and eloquent," and another reports: "If I want something well and carefully done, I will firstly go to Bárbara. She is outstanding."