Police Law; Employment Law; Public Inquiries; Government Law; Public / Administrative Law; Inquests; Professional Discipline; Personal Injury
Notable recent cases include:
- Re K (Forced Marriage: Passport Order)  EWCA Civ 190 (Court of Appeal “routemap” for Forced Marriage Protection Order applications);
- Halabi v The Crown Court at Southwark, Commissioner of Police of the Metropolis and Secretary of State for the Home Department  EWHC 1053 (Admin) (Divisional Court Article 8 and incompatibility challenge to Notification Order regime);
- Independent Inquiry into Child Sexual Abuse (Nottinghamshire Councils, The Anglican Church, Institutional Responses to Allegations Concerning Lord Janner);
- Gatland & Ors v IPCC (claim for misfeasance and breach of Articles 6, 8, and Article 1 of the First Protocol ECHR);
- Chief Constable of South Yorkshire Police v Kermani (High Court confirmation that acquittal in criminal proceedings does not preclude Sexual Risk Order founded on same allegations)
Called to the Bar in 2013.
Appointed to the Attorney General’s C Panel of Counsel in 2019.
Direct Public Access accredited.
ELA; ALBA; CPBA; ARDL; SEC; Advocate
The Employment Tribunals Handbook: Practice, Procedure and Strategies for Success
(Bloomsbury, 2017, 5th Edition) with 5 Essex Court colleagues.