Chambers Research is conducted by 200 Research Analysts, across 200 jurisdictions and provides nearly 6,000 rankings tables. Annually we collect hundreds of thousands of responses from clients, the majority via in-depth interview. Learn more about our methodology.
This content is provided by Alexander J Poblador
Arbitration, Bankruptcy, Construction, Crisis Management, Energy, Environment, Franchising, Government, Insolvency/Corporate Recovery, Litigation, Products Liability, Real Estate
He is a Founding Partner of the firm and Executive Committee Chairman.
Mr. Poblador leads the Firm in
- an arbitration over Dutch company shares between client, a subsidiary of a large Philippine conglomerate, and its Indonesian partner
- an international arbitration over a Concession Agreement between client, consortium of Philippine companies, and two Philippine government-owned and -controlled corporations
- a suit by Petron to recover 266 parcels of land against the Philippine National Oil Company, which the firm won
- representing the San Miguel Power group in contract disputes with the government energy privatization agency and administrative and court proceedings involving the unilateral adjustment of prices in the electricity spot market
- securing for Petron, injunction against enforcement of a rule requiring disclosure of petroleum companies' pricing information.
Mr. Poblador was lead counsel for Senator Poe in Supreme Court petitions to disqualify her from running for President and in defending Chief Justice Sereno in impeachment and Supreme Court quo warranto proceedings.
He sits in the boards of several corporations, including the board of San Miguel Corporation.
Member, Philippine International Center for Conflict Resolution
Poblador Bautista & Reyes