Provided by Alasdair Davidson
Insolvency & Restructuring, International Private Client, Litigation & Dispute Resolution, Regulatory & Compliance, Wills & Probate
Alasdair is a partner and the head of the litigation team in Guernsey. He has been in practice for over 25 years and, before qualifying in Guernsey, not only practised as a barrister in England but also spent several years working in the Caribbean. He is instructed by law firms and institutional clients based worldwide and has acted for most of Guernsey’s leading fiduciaries, fund providers and banks.
Alasdair has a genuine depth of experience having handled a great variety of contentious and non-contentious matters covering most corporate, insolvency and fiduciary fields including appearing before a wide variety of courts and tribunals worldwide. He has particular expertise and established track record in conducting complex high value cross-border work both in Guernsey and the BVI.
Alasdair is also a Guernsey Notary Public.
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- Association of Contentious Trust and Probate Specialists
- STEP (Society of Trust & Estate Practitioners) Member
- Chancery Bar Association (full member)
- INSOL International, Insolvency Lawyers Association
- Member of the Guernsey Bar Council
- Committee member - Legal and Regulatory Committee of ARIES (The Channel Islands' branch of INSOL International).
Alasdair has contributed to a number of publications and briefings including STEP Journal, INSOL World, TQLR, Arbitration Law Monthly and the International Bar Association’s Anti Money Laundering Forum guide on Guernsey.
He is the author of the Guernsey chapters of Greene on Shareholder Disputes and the Dispute Resolution Review.