Managing Partner: Ahmed Ibrahim
Partners: Malack El Masry, Omar Bassiouny, Tamer El Hennawy
Number of partners: 4
Number of lawyers: 25
Languages: Arabic, English
Led by its UAE office Managing Partner, Ahmed Ibrahim, Matouk Bassiouny & Ibrahim LTD lawyers are experts in advising on all aspects of UAE laws. Its Dubai and Abu Dhabi offices are also well placed to provide local legal support across the GCC.
Matouk Bassiouny & Ibrahim LTD advises both local and international companies on a full range of issues from contentious and non-contentious corporate and commercial matters, including major project work, establishing and conducting business across the Emirates, joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions, employment matters, property, distributions and franchise arrangements.
Its capital markets team is the most active capital markets team in the UAE, having led almost all the IPOs and rights issue which have taken place in the UAE, including two UAE issuers listed on London Stock Exchange. Dubbed as 'the UAE ECM guru' by Chambers & Partners and 'the first choice when it comes to UAE IPOs.' Ahmed Ibrahim is ranked as tier 1 capital markets lawyer by the Legal500 in 2018 and has a second-to-none and hands-on capital markets experience.
Main Areas of Practice:
Corporate/Equity Capital Market:
• Lead and completed the rights issue of Ajman Bank of AED 470 million
• Acted as UAE local cousel for Finablr IPO owning the brands of UAE Exchange, Travelex, Xpress Money on London Stock Exchange
• Advising a healthcare group on an IPO on DFM
Corporate/Mergers & Acquistions:
•Advised Eni on the acquisition of a 20% stake in ADNOC Refining, in Abu Dhabi, which was completed in January 2019
• Acquisition of a number one ranked securities brokerage firm in the UAE and is considered one of the largest companies in its sector in the whole region
• Disposal of a stake in the client’s regional marine services business to one or more potential investors, including for example CJ Logistics Corporation and/or UAE local investors
Funds & Restructuring:
• Advising a fund management company as funds manager on launching two investment funds, one of which is real estate investment funds backed by assets in KSA
• Represented Invest AD and Allied Partners in respect of the restructuring of Bluestone and UAE Focus Funds.
• Acted as the legal counsel to advise and implementing the restructuring of a group of companies that involves companies in the UAE and abroad involving ADGM trust structure
Banking & Finance:
• Acting as the Borrower’s legal counsel in the acquisition finance of the majority shares of a company incorporated in ADGM for an amount of up to USD 5,000,000.
• Advising on the acquisition finance of shares of a public joint stock company listed company for an amount of AED 100,000,000.
• Acting as the Borrower’s legal counsel in the syndicated facilities for an amount of AED 400,000,000, to refinance the company’s indebtedness and to finance the working capital requirements of the Company and its subsidiaries.
Contact: Ahmed Ibrahim
Email: [email protected]