www.buzzacott.co.uk | +44 (0)20 7556 1200
Managing Partner: Tony Hopson
Number of partners: 36
Languages: Bulgarian, Cantonese, English, French, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hungarian, Hindi, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Latvian, Mandarin, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Talagog (Filipino), Welsh
Buzzacott is a ‘Top 25’ UK accountancy practice supporting individuals, businesses and not for profits by providing accounting, audit, US and UK tax advisory, and business support services in a number of specialist sectors. Buzzacott is the largest single office firm in the UK with over 450 staff based in the City of London. They are also a member firm of PrimeGlobal, one of the largest international accounting associations in the world. In 2019, Buzzacott commemorated its 100 year anniversary. With origins starting during the First World War with Fred Buzzacott, a munitions accountant, Buzzacott has a proud history of being a trusted adviser to its clients over the years.
8 partners, 55 fee earners based in London and Hong Kong.
• Dual-qualified (US & UK) tax specialists able to understand and navigate both tax systems.
• Providing advice on moving to/from the US, international pension planning, tax reporting and advice, expatriation, cross border trusts, FATCA/CRS advice and US & UK tax return compliance.
• Specialist Hong Kong branch providing timely and bespoke expatriate tax services to individuals living in Asia.
Contact: Tony Hopson Tel: +44 (0)20 7556 1418 Email: [email protected]
3 partners, 15 fee earners based in London.
• Supporting high net worth individuals with financial advice on investments, wealth preservation and insuring liabilities.
• Offering and implementing advice on inheritance tax, estate planning, pension planning and general tax planning
Contact: Rachel O’Donoghue | Tel: +44 (0)20 7556 1256 | Email: [email protected]
3 partners, 23 fee earners based in London.
• Advising on all aspects of UK tax planning and compliance reporting for individuals and trustees with complicated financial affairs.
• Including preparation of self-assessment tax returns, including tax advice on tax efficient investments, residence and domicile, UK resident and offshore trusts, pensions, wills and estate planning.
• Managing over 1,000 tax returns, 250 trusts and several special investigations in a single year.
Contact: Akin Coker | Tel: +44 (0)20 7556 1332| Email: [email protected]
Charity and Not for Profit
8 partners, 90 fee earners based in London.
• Providing charity and not for profit organisations support with audit, accounting, VAT and tax advice on governance and risk.
• One of the largest single office charity teams in the UK, with over 100 specialists and more than 400 not for profit clients.
• Specialist areas of expertise include: academies and further education, religious orders, arts and culture, INGOs and social enterprises.
Contact: Katherine Patel | Tel: +44 (0)20 75561270 | Email: [email protected]
Corporate and Business Services
9 partners, 83 fee earners based in London.
• Multiple expert sector-specific teams including: technology and media, corporate finance, tax, R&D, professional practices and FCA Regulated firms.
• Dedicated professional practices team specialising in supporting small to mid-tier partnerships, advising partners in firms of solicitors, patent attorneys, architects, chartered surveyors, chartered accountants and other sectors.
• Services consist of advice and support with tax, audit, corporate finance and outsourced functions such as management accounting, payroll and VAT.
Contact: Claire Watkins | Tel: +44 (0)20 7556 1275| Email: [email protected]
Human Resources Consultancy
7 fee earners based in London.
• Providing human resources support to charities, businesses and individuals.
• Services include HR strategy and management, HR advice and compliance (including HR audit), recruitment, employee relations and benefits, redundancy and TUPE and global mobility support for businesses relocating individuals abroad.
Contact: Doug Farrow | Tel: +44 (0) 75561453 | Email: [email protected]
Tax Investigations & Dispute Resolution
1 partner, 6 fee earners based in London.
• Resolving disputes through mediation and the Alternative Dispute Resolution process — fast-tracking cases to settlement.
• From voluntary disclosure, to tax avoidance, to employee compliance reviews, ensure clients are fully supported to resolve disputes.
Contact: Mark Taylor | Tel: +44 (0)20 7710 3389| Email: [email protected] VAT
1 partner, 5 fee earners based in London.
• Supporting corporate and charity clients, as well as individuals and other companies having to deal with differing rates and rules for VAT.
• Advising on matters including partial exemption, complex property transactions and business acquisitions, and VAT liability on income streams.
Contact: Socrates Socratous | Tel: +44 (0)20 8037 3113 | Email: [email protected]
10 fee earners based in London.
• Providing philanthropic solutions to clients including charities, endowed trusts and foundations, government bodies and corporate grant-makers.
• Over 20 years of experience working with more than 150 clients and supporting 75% of the UK’s top grant-makers.
• Consulting and advising on the Blackbaud Grantmaking system - a flexible grant management software which carries out functions such as tracking online applications, report on a grant’s impact and more.
Contact: Stephen Hart | Tel: +44 (0)20 7813459453 | Email: [email protected]
• Expatriate Tax
• Financial Planning
• Giving Solutions
• Charity and Not for Profit
• Corporate and Business Services
• Human Resources Consultancy
• Private Client
• Tax Investigations & Dispute Resolution
• VAT Consultancy
1403 14/F The Lucky Building,
39 Wellington St,
Central, Hong Kong,
T +852 3192 7088 E [email protected]
130 Wood Street,
London EC2V 6DL
T +44 (0)20 7556 1200 E [email protected]